PDA

View Full Version : Would You Like It If Your "Right To Choose" Was Taken Away?

Gold9472
07-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Yes Or No, and why...

somebigguy
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Of course, thats the American way!!!

princesskittypoo
07-02-2005, 07:40 PM
i like choosing... even if i make the wrong choices i need the security of knowing that i can always change my mind.

somebigguy
07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
You've already lost the right to choose a president. You get who who get.

danceyogamom
07-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I voted no, because of course I want to be able to make choices ...

but I have heard it suggested that our current right to choose is no more than an illusion anyway.

what kind of choices were you thinking anyway?

choosing to be a stay at home mom or a working mom (which huge numbers of working poor in the us don't have a choice about)
the choice to give birth or abort
the ability to choose a career
the ability to choose a lover
tha ability to choose our elected officials

I don't think anyone makes these choices completely freely, there are so many factors. Finances, religion, family approval, aptitude, education, cultural values, location ...

beltman713
07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
tarn' and feathern' is too good for him!

princesskittypoo
07-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I voted no, because of course I want to be able to make choices ...

but I have heard it suggested that our current right to choose is no more than an illusion anyway.

what kind of choices were you thinking anyway?

choosing to be a stay at home mom or a working mom (which huge numbers of working poor in the us don't have a choice about)
the choice to give birth or abort
the ability to choose a career
the ability to choose a lover
tha ability to choose our elected officials

I don't think anyone makes these choices completely freely, there are so many factors. Finances, religion, family approval, aptitude, education, cultural values, location ...
i agree. i want my choices but it seems like there aren't any these days.

Rebel Patriot
11-18-2005, 11:07 PM
I voted, but this poll is really kinda soft when it comes to the question and options.

PhilosophyGenius
11-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Choice = Freedom

jetsetlemming
11-19-2005, 11:29 AM
There are plenty of choices you don't get to make and get away with it. The choice to kill someone, the choice to break a law. There are many choices that you aren't allowed to make.

PhilosophyGenius
11-28-2005, 10:15 PM
There are plenty of choices you don't get to make and get away with it. The choice to kill someone, the choice to break a law. There are many choices that you aren't allowed to make.

An O.G. once said something like: The more people there are the less rights you have. Which is true. Forgot who said that.