PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 featured on cnn.com today

somebigguy
01-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Take a look:

www.cnn.com

I kind of like one of the interviews on the page that clearly shows the extreme heat and fire that caused the collapses. Here's a few excerpts from the interview:

ALLEN: Could you feel as you descended heat coming down on you?

LESCE: No heat. … Just water, and that's all there was. …We'd go down maybe five or six stairs, stories, and then it'd be absolutely dry. And we'd go down some more and then there was a shift from stairway A to B as things got congested.

When I stepped out into the plaza, there was nobody. It was like the last man on earth. Except for about four inches of white soot, looked like snow.

The whole story can be found here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/09/12/survivor.profiles.focus/index.html

Gold9472
01-25-2005, 07:47 PM
This is a good follow up to that... Jenna Orkin on the Environmental disaster that was 9/11...

Click Here - Windows Media Player (http://www.911busters.com/video/WMV...ntal_Crimes.wmv)

Gold9472
01-25-2005, 07:57 PM
BTW... I can only imagine what was going through any of those people's minds... "In Memoriam" captured it as good as can be expected. HBO made it.

somebigguy
01-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Since it wasn't the heat that brought the towers down, maybe it was the inches of water that was seen rushing down the staircase. Must have eroded the fuck out of the concrete and pulverized it to dust.

Gold9472
01-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Since it wasn't the heat that brought the towers down, maybe it was the inches of water that was seen rushing down the staircase. Must have eroded the fuck out of the concrete and pulverized it to dust.

:rolleyes: Lemme ask you something... you broke open calculators and such when you were a kid, just to see how it worked, didn't you?

somebigguy
01-25-2005, 09:51 PM
:rolleyes: Lemme ask you something... you broke open calculators and such when you were a kid, just to see how it worked, didn't you?
Yeah, but there's nothing in there but a circuit board. Still don't know how the fuck those things work.

Gold9472
01-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but there's nothing in there but a circuit board. Still don't know how the fuck those things work.

:) Me to... but eventually, I learned that they actually perform MATH :D