PDA

View Full Version : War Is Not "Pro-Life"

Gold9472
06-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Thoughts?

pcteaser
06-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Thoughts?

I think it depends on the reasons for the war. I have always viewed war as a last resort. But I also believe that war may sometimes be necessary to protect the right to live free. This war in Iraq, is not that kind of war.

Gold9472
06-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Right... so if the powers that be are the ones who created this war, for no reason, and essentially are promoting death, then how can they say that they're against abortion? It's an obvious contradiction, but I heard this phrase the other day, and it stuck...

princesskittypoo
06-25-2005, 09:15 PM
i heard the same thing on a xanga i was reading.
somewhere else i read that people were having the language reworded so that phrases were misconstrued... like war is peace and peace is war.... i don't know what that means... if war is peace it's a contradiction...

i don't like killing so i don't like war. it's that simple.

Gold9472
11-15-2005, 08:50 PM
bump

PhilosophyGenius
11-16-2005, 12:48 AM
To "them", war is liberating millions of people and spreading freedom and democracy throughout the world. That of course is bullshit but keep in mind there the same people who believe in intellegent design and that jesus will return soon.

jetsetlemming
11-16-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't understand people who support euthanasia and abortion, while at the same time argueing against the death sentence and war. I don't support any of that. Not war, not the death sentence, not abortion, not euthanasia. I'm completely pro-life.

ThotPolice
11-16-2005, 11:20 PM
i heard the same thing on a xanga i was reading.
somewhere else i read that people were having the language reworded so that phrases were misconstrued... like war is peace and peace is war.... i don't know what that means... if war is peace it's a contradiction...

I don't like killing so i don't like war. it's that simple.It's a reference to George Orwell’s 1984. The purpose is if people are constantly fed contradictions they will either be confused or divided. It's fundamentally how Politics work.

ThotPolice
11-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Thoughts?If they really believe the bullshit they spew about defending America than they see Iraq/Afghanistan as pro-life, as it may potently save more lives down the road.
Did Saddam fund violence and intimidation, kill innocents? Maybe? Probably, but the states has committed atrocity as well. You fight terrorists with spooks. Obliterating suspect neighborhoods in Iraq doesn’t make sense to me, other than a “hornets nest” tactic, they just want to piss them off to get them out and fighting to kill them, foolishly creating more “anti-American militants”(new terrorist buzz word!) in the process. I feel covert would be more effective and waste less lives so this war is not pro-life. That and a whole stadium full of other things suggest this war is unjust, corrupt and driven by economics and power.
However if a war means saving more lives or freeing a people from oppression I think, yes it is pro life in a way.