PDA

View Full Version : Hitler Rd. Residents Get Strange Looks

beltman713
06-23-2005, 05:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050623/ap_on_fe_st/hitler_road;_ylt=Ak5H9abual8OxTkH2jkKAspI2ocA;_ylu =X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Hitler Rd. Residents Get Strange Looks

Thu Jun 23, 7:40 AM ET

CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio - Larry Harris is used to the confusion when he tells people he lives on Hitler Road.

he Circleville resident says after 30 years, he's used to the weird looks and questions. But the three rural roads and the cemetery that bear the Hitler name were around long before the German dictator.

The Hitlers were a well-known farm family in Circleville. Longtime resident Idabelle White said she wishes the road names could be changed, but that she wouldn't want to offend the family's descendants.

George Hitler Jr. says family members who moved away from Circleville faced harassment. His father became an executive at Firestone tire company in Akron and the company president asked him to change his name. He refused.

princesskittypoo
06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
i realize that people don't like hearing about "bad" things that happen but what does this guys name have to do with his job... why is his boss asking him to change it? I mean i'm sure there are people with the last name of stalin too.... or bonaparte... or bush for that matter :D lol....