PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Blasts Rove For 'Outrageous' Line On Sept. 11

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Kerry blasts Rove for 'outrageous' line on Sept. 11

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Advance_Kerry_blasts_Rove_for_outrageous_line_on__ 0623.html

(Gold9472: Anybody else think that Karl created his own news to substitute for the Runaway Bride and Michael Jackson?)

June 23rd

Mr. President, None of us will ever forget the hours after September 11th, the calls to our families, the evacuations, the images on television -- and then the remarkable response of the American people as we came together as one to answer the attack against our homeland.

We drew strength when our firefighters ran up the stairs and risked their lives, so that others might live. When rescuers rushed into smoke and fire at the Pentagon. When the men and women of Flight 93 sacrificed themselves to save our nation's Capitol. When flags were hanging from front porches all across America, and strangers became friends. It brought out the best in all of us.

That spirit of our country should never be reduced to a cheap and divisive political applause line from anyone who speaks for the President of the United States. I am proud that after September 11th all our people rallied to President Bush's call for unity to meet the danger. There were no Democrats. There were no Republicans. There were only Americans. That's why is hard to believe that last night the most senior advisor to the President of the United States is twisting those days of unity to divide us, that rather than focusing attention on finding Osama Bin Laden and smashing Al Queda, he is instead challenging the patriotism of Americans every bit as committed to fighting terror as he is.

For Karl Rove to equate Democratic policy on terror to "indictments" and "therapy" is an outrageous attempt to divide the nation at just the moment we must be unified. Just days after 9/11 the Senate voted 98-0 and the House voted 420-1 to authorize President Bush to use "all necessary and appropriate force" against terror. After the bipartisan vote, President Bush said, I quote: "I am gratified that the Congress has united so powerfully by taking this action. It sends a clear message - our people are together, and we will prevail."

Karl Rove also said last night, quote: "No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals."

Well, I think a lot more needs to be said about Karl Rove's motives, because they're not the people's motives, and if the President really believed his own words of unity, then he should fire Karl Rove. If the President of the United States knows the meaning of his own words, he should listen to the plea of Kristen Breitweiser, who lost her husband when the Twin Towers came crashing down: she said, "if you're going to use 9/11, use it to make this nation safer than it was on 9/11.

And that's not being done. If you're going to use 9/11, if you're going to be impassioned about the lives lost on 9/11, then do so by making us safer."

Karl Rove doesn't owe me an apology, he doesn't owe Democrats an apology, he owes her an apology -- he owes an apology to every one of those families who paid the ultimate price on September 11th.

Millions of Americans across our country are questioning whether this Administration is making us safe. Kristen Breitweiser wants to tell her daughter that she'll grow up in a country safer than on the day her father was taken from her.

Mothers and fathers spend sleepless nights worrying about sons and daughters in humvees in Iraq that aren't protected. They're asking Washington for honesty and results and leadership, not political division.

Before Karl Rove delivers another political assault, he needs to think about those families. The 9-11 Commission has given us a path to follow, endorsed by Democrats, Republicans, and the 9-11 families. Implement the recommendations of that commission. We shouldn't be letting ninety-five percent of container ships come into our ports without ever being physically inspected. We shouldn't be leaving our nuclear and chemical plants without enough protection.

Until they've done the work of making America safe, don't dare question the patriotism of Americans who offer a better direction. Before wrapping themselves in the memory of September 11th, and shutting their eyes and ears to the truth, they should remember what America is really all about -- that leadership isn't insult or intimidation, it's the strength of making America safe -- they should remember what their responsibility is to every American -- and start to do the work of living up to it.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 04:47 PM
White House press secretary Scott McClellan came to Rove's defense, saying the president's chief political adviser was "simply pointing out the different philosophies and different approaches when it comes to winning the war on terrorism."

"Of course not," McClellan said when asked by reporters whether President Bush will ask Rove to apologize.

beltman713
06-23-2005, 04:51 PM
White House press secretary Scott McClellan came to Rove's defense, saying the president's chief political adviser was "simply pointing out the different philosophies and different approaches when it comes to winning the war on terrorism."

"Of course not," McClellan said when asked by reporters whether President Bush will ask Rove to apologize.
For what, everyone knows the democrats are evil. Republicans are your friends. Look into my eyes and believe everything I say.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 04:52 PM
I tell you what... I'm fucking ready to charge the White House.

beltman713
06-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Those motherfuckers have a lot of nerve.

dz
06-23-2005, 05:35 PM
i cant help but wonder if he is trying to provoke some sort of clash between the left and right.. to further define the lines of pro-bush and anti-bush..

i cant figure out the reasons behind him making that comment, but karl rove typically has a point for the things he does.

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned .... An era of corruption in high places will follow and the money power will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people... until wealth is aggregated in a few hands ... and the Republic is destroyed.

beltman713
06-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I was thinking this is some sort of strategy to undermine the recent gains the dems have had against the administration with guantanamo and the downing street meno and Bush's slide in the polls.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:04 PM
This is an attempt at separating the populace once again... However, I think they are becoming obvious with their actions. People may be starting to wake up. Then again, probably not.

beltman713
06-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Hoping people will say... "Fuck those democrats, we can't trust anything they say."

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Karl Rove didn't say "Democrats". He said "Liberal".

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:13 PM
"Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers," Rove said. "Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war."

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Black & White... Left & Right... no "grey" area...

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Q So will the President ask Karl Rove to apologize?

MR. McCLELLAN: Of course not, Jessica. This is simply talking about different philosophies and different approaches. And I think you have to look at it in that context. If people want to try to engage in personal attacks instead of defending their philosophy, that's their business. But it's important to point out the different approaches when it comes to winning the war on terrorism. And that's all he was doing....

Q What I'm talking about is word choice.

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I think that they are just trying to engage in partisan attacks. Karl was simply talking about different philosophies, and we should be talking about what we stand for and how we want to move forward. We should be talking about what the different visions are and what the different ideas are, and that's what he was doing....

Q Can I ask it in this way, Scott? Then if this is an issue, is this an expression in some manner that the White House is concerned that with the popularity of the war diminishing, the anti-war liberalism is beginning to take hold so the President and Karl are confronting it directly?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, he was speaking to the New York Conservative Party, and he was talking about different philosophies -- the conservative philosophy and the liberal philosophy and how we're approaching different priorities for the American people. That's all it is.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:28 PM
That's the full questioning..

beltman713
06-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I forgot, they have to use the dirty word for democrat.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:39 PM
As I said before, I am just as bloodthirsty as the next guy, but I want the RIGHT people held accountable.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:43 PM
FOS11 Statement on Comments Made By Karl Rove

As families whose relatives were victims of the 9/11 terror attacks, we believe it is an outrage that any Democrat, any Republican, any conservative or any liberal, stakes a "high ground" position based upon the September 11th death and destruction. Doing so assumes that all those who died and their loved ones would agree. In truth, some would and some would not. By definition the conduct is divisive and, because it is intended to be self-serving and politicizes 9/11, it is offensive. We are calling on Karl Rove to resist his temptations and stop trying to reap political gain in the tragic misfortune of others. His comments are not welcome.

Families of September 11 is a non-partisan nonprofit organization founded by the relatives of those who died in the attacks of September 11, 2001. For further information, please visit our website at www.familiesofseptember11.org.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Scott Mclellan's Press Briefing...

Click Here (rtsp://video.c-span.org/60days/whpb062305.rm)

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 07:06 PM
You have to watch this, and count the lies... he is a Nazi Scumbag.