PDA

View Full Version : Rove: Dems Didn't Get 9/11 Consequences

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Rove: Dems Didn't Get 9/11 Consequences
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050623/ap_on_re_us/rove_sept_11

(Gold9472: Time for a lynching. He didn't say "Dems" he said, "Liberals" which I'm one)

By SAM DOLNICK, Associated Press Writer
Wed Jun 22,11:21 PM ET

NEW YORK - Speaking in a Manhattan ballroom just a few miles north of ground zero, Karl Rove said on Wednesday night that the Democratic party did not understand the consequences of the Sept. 11 attacks.

"Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers," Rove said. "Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war."

Rove, President Bush's chief political advisor, spoke at the state Conservative Party's annual dinner. He praised the conservative movement's success, calling it "the guiding philosophy for the White House, the Senate, the House."

Rove said the Democratic Party made the mistake of calling for "moderation and restraint" after the terrorist attacks.

"Conservatives saw what happened to us on 9/11 and said we will defeat our enemies. Liberals saw what happened to us and said we must understand our enemies."

Rove also denounced Sen. Dick Durbin's comments comparing interrogation at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp to the methods of Nazis and other repressive regimes. He said the statements have been broadcast throughout the Middle East, putting American troops in greater danger. Durbin has since apologized for the remarks.

"No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals," Rove said.

Gold9472
06-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Karl's got it all wrong... I am BLOODTHIRSTY... I want those responsible to PAY for their crime. I just want to make sure it's the RIGHT people.