PDA

View Full Version : DARPA Research

Gold9472
06-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Because of what former German Minister of Technology, Andreas von Buelow said "The Americans had developed a method in the 1970s, whereby they could rescue hijacked planes by intervening into the computer piloting [automatic pilot system]."

And because he referred to who I'm assuming is Joe Vialls, the man who said that DARPA was the company who developed that technology, I started to do a little research.

I emailed Darpa this question...

Dear Mr. Tether,

It has been brought to my attention that in the mid 70''s, DARPA was contracted by the Government to develop a system that would enable someone to take over a plane in the event of a hijacking. I have been unable to find any documentation on these systems, and I was wondering if you could help.

Thank You for your time,

Jonathan Gold

His response

Jonathan

Not to my knowledge. But then again, we do 100's of studies each year that never become programs.

My response

Thanks for getting back to me... if it did take place, where would I look for it?

Thanks again,

Jonathan Gold

His response

Possibly the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) where all documents are supposed to be stored.

So... I looked up their website... http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/

There are a KABILLION documents on that site. I could use all the help I can get.

Gold9472
01-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I would REALLY appreciate it if someone picked up the torch on this one...