PDA

View Full Version : View Video Of Guy Who Served At Abu-Ghraib Prison

beltman713
06-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Aidan Delgado served at Abu-Ghraib prison. He left the army under conscientious objector status. He had some pretty good stories to tell about his sevice in Iraq.

Go to the link below and it will be the 4th video down. It has 2 parts and options for broadband or dialup and also Media player or Quicktime.

Link to video (http://www.truthout.org/multimedia.htm)

Gold9472
06-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Excellent post...

Gold9472
06-11-2005, 08:13 PM
I watched the first part. Very good... I intend to watch the second part. It was interesting to hear that the word, "Haji", is what's used when referring to Arabs. Like Nigger, Spic, Kike, Pollock, Wop, etc... He said the military almost completely uses that termonology.

beltman713
06-11-2005, 08:33 PM
And that fact that soldiers like to break soda bottles over Iraqi civilian's heads while driving down the road.

Gold9472
06-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Look... I'm sure they're being fed A LOT of bullshit... military propaganda used to "stimulate" enlisted personnel. I'm sure by this point, they've had people they know killed in combat, or by "friendly fire". They may well be aware of the reasons for the war at this point thanks to letters from home, etc... Although I don't condone it, I am aware that "things" happen in war. Anyone doing something illegal against an Iraqi should face the consequences. However, we MUST remember that a few bad apples, doesn't spoil the bucket, or whatever that saying is... We have to remember that they're there for a lie, and that HAS to be causing "stress" beyond what I'm capable of describing.

beltman713
06-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I know shit happens in every war.

Gold9472
06-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I know... just clarifying it to everyone who watches this... put it in perspective, etc...