PDA

View Full Version : Place Your Bets...

Gold9472
06-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Who will the United States invade next?

911=inside job
06-04-2005, 02:25 AM
is there even a question??? give me a break...

somebigguy
06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I voted Canada, but thanks to free trade, you already have all of our oil. I guess there is no point then...

princesskittypoo
06-04-2005, 01:57 PM
looks like at least 7 people voted iran... i guess i got it right as well...

wish we would quite acting like the bully on the block and start giving people a hand instead of a fist.

beltman713
06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
North Korea could be a possibility. The US just sent some stealth fighters to South Korea, but that could just be a scare tactic to get NK to the negotiating table. I personally think it would be a serious mistake to mess with NK.

somebigguy
06-04-2005, 03:22 PM
looks like at least 7 people voted iran... i guess i got it right as well...

wish we would quite acting like the bully on the block and start giving people a hand instead of a fist.
Nice one!!! Is that an authentic PKP quote?

911=inside job
06-04-2005, 04:39 PM
that is a good one.... good job pkp....

Gold9472
06-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I might have to revise my bet to Venezuela...

princesskittypoo
06-04-2005, 06:56 PM
yes that was an authentic pkp quote... feel free to use it if you like :)

*very happy... she said something intelligent for once!*

Good Doctor HST
06-04-2005, 07:50 PM
I went with Venezuela. Iran seems like the go-to option, but the U.S. only messes with countries that can't adequately defend themselves. Only thing is.... the U.S. will invade them covertly first. Maybe start a good ol' fashioned revolution a la Nicaragua or El Salvador

2nd choice: Syria. They're in the Middle East, where all the oil is. Easy enough.

dz
07-05-2005, 02:12 PM
i would typically have voted for iran, but the keyword is 'invade', i think with iran we will just bomb the shit out of them in a very quick and concerted effort, no invasion..

jetsetlemming
07-05-2005, 06:40 PM
I would have voted on Saudi Arabia if it was there. They have the most oil, and the most human rights violations (Even more than the U.S.! Gasp!).

princesskittypoo
07-05-2005, 07:25 PM
i think we'll invade poland.

jetsetlemming
07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
i think we'll invade poland.
I'm sure if anyone could, it'd be you.

princesskittypoo
07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm sure if anyone could, it'd be you.
lol i invaded germany last year! :)

jetsetlemming
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
'at a girl. Now you can take care of Iraq. :D

erose001
07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I was tempted to vote Venezuala, but considering the info Seymour Hirsch received and published a couple of months ago in the New Yorker about the "Salvadoran Option" being used in Iran, I lean a bit more strongly that way. And also considering the outcome of the recent Iranian elections.

The New Yorker has a piece this week about the history of interrogation techniques, but unfortunately it is only available to magazine readers. However, the writer was interviewed on - yes, that's right - DemocracyNow, and the interview was shown Wednesday and yesterday in two parts. You can see the links on the homepage:

http://www.democracynow.org

They do have transcripts, so you can at least get some of the gist of the story.

The Nation is also keeping up with these covert ops, so if you're interested in good sources of info, that's another place to look.

Thierry
08-26-2005, 09:01 PM
After what robertson said on-the-air, I don't think they'll try Venezuela in the open - covert maybe (even though they've been at it for a while now, and unsuccessful ;))

Hey somebigguy, we're both Canadian! ;) -- you're right, the neocons don't need to invade us, we've already given them a permanent visa.

EIR/larouchepub.org has some pretty accurate intell predictions, for the gamblers out there ;)

somebigguy
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey somebigguy, we're both Canadian! ;) -- you're right, the neocons don't need to invade us, we've already given them a permanent visa.

Thanks Thierry, we still have to protect our fresh water from those vultures though. :spit:

ehnyah
08-27-2005, 08:38 AM
If they have to destroy our military, instigate terrorism, setup wars on multiple fronts, and drive the (world)economy into the floor to do it, they will and they are.

They will do this through fear in America(psyops) and force everywhere else.

Empires have an average of 200yrs. So America was due for some fool to come along and "stay the course", right off the cliff.

----------
"In the summer of 2002, after I had written an article in Esquire that the White House didn't like about Bush's former communications director, Karen Hughes, I had a meeting with a senior adviser to Bush. He expressed the White House's displeasure, and then he told me something that at the time I didn't fully comprehend - but which I now believe gets to the very heart of the Bush presidency.

"The aide said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality - judiciously, as you will - we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.'"

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=3822

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." - George Orwell

Creeper
04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Canada. Why?.....well why not?
Maybe Venezuela too.

EminemsRevenge
05-25-2006, 05:14 PM
With the asskicking they're getting in Iraq...GW and his Vietnam chickenhawk heros gonna stay the fuck out of that neck of the woods

AuGmENTor
06-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I personally found it very amusing China was even on the list. Can you imagine us invading them.... I laugh just thinkin about it. I was torn between Venezuela and Iran, but I hadda go with Iran cause if we invade Venezuela the Mexicans/cans PERIOD in this country will go off their fuckin NUTS (or beans, if you prefer). Plus Iran and Iraq are so close in spelling, that moron the supreme being will have a much easier time editing the documents to invade Iraq. And looking back at this, please don't think I'm prejudice, my last three GF's have been hispanic and I lovem to pieces. (NOT literally)

jetsetlemming
08-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Mm, spam!