PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder that there was no connection between Saddam and 9/11....

Good Doctor HST
01-22-2005, 12:03 PM
And that anything you believe contrary to this is a lie. And our country's leaders fabricated evidence, and retracted from their original stories during the election campaign:

From The Legal Reader (Oct 7, 2004):

Dick Cheney and the Iraq/al Qaeda Connection

From Tuesday's debate between Vice President Cheney and Senator John Edwards:

Mr. Edwards accused the Vice President of having justified the invasion of Iraq by saying a link existed between Iraq and Al Qaeda. Mr. Cheney declared: "I have not suggested there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11." (NYT, 10/6/04)

You might want to read that again: "I have not suggested there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11." But . . . .

In the [same] debate, Cheney referred to Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein as having "an established relationship with al Qaeda" and said then-CIA Director George J. Tenet talked about "a 10-year relationship" in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. What Tenet cited were several "high-level contacts" over a 10-year period, but he also said the agency reported they never led to any cooperative activity. (WP, 10/6/04) Which is it, Mr. Cheney? Is there a connection, or isn't there?

On June 18, 2004, CNN published the following article:

Cheney blasts media on al Qaeda-Iraq link (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/18/cheney.iraq.al.qaeda/) WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday the evidence is "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, and he said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible."

"There clearly was a relationship. It's been testified to. The evidence is overwhelming," Cheney said in an interview with CNBC's "Capitol Report."

"It goes back to the early '90s. It involves a whole series of contacts, high-level contacts with Osama bin Laden and Iraqi intelligence officials."

And yet Cheney says that he has "not suggested there is a connection between Iraq and 9/11." Then what the fuck was he "suggesting"??? That Saddam and Osama just liked to have tea or play dolls or something?

Here are the facts: Saddam and Iraq never had any connection to al Qaeda or 9/11, and the Bush Administration has known that all along. However, when they wanted to invade Iraq (for unrelated neo-con reasons), it became convenient for Iraq to be tied to 9/11. So they lied and said that Iraq and al Qaeda were connected.

Now, during the election, it has become clear that Iraq and al Qaeda were never connected. So the administration lies again, now trying to deny that they ever said that Saddam and 9/11 were connected in the first place -- notwithstanding that that was at least half their reason for war.

Unfortunately for the Bush Administration (and especially for Cheney), there is a strong record of what they have said in the press (and on the internet).

The Bush administration's "spin" on Iraq is circling the drain. For example, if you ask them why we invaded Iraq, they'll say that Saddam had WMDs and was a threat to the Middle East, America, and Isreal.

If you point out that Saddam did not in fact have any WMDs since at least 1991, they'll say, well, then he was harboring terrorists and helping al Qaeda.

If you point out that Saddam actually had no connection to al Qaeda and that Osama in fact hated the Iraqi regime because it was secular, they'll say, well, then Saddam had WMDs and was a threat to the Middle East and . . . . .

Talk about a "flip flop."

And this is no ordinary flip flop. This one has already cost over 1,000 American lives, some $200 billion of your tax dollars, and America's hard-earned international reputation as the leader of the modern free world -- a reputation that took World War II and most of the last century to build.

The powers that be in the Bush administration are "neo-con" radicals. They are "true believers." They believe that their vision of the world and America's place in it is the only viable one, and they have spent the last four years trying to prove it. They have failed, miserably.

Gold9472
01-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Excellent Post...

Simply_sexy
01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Very interesting post...

Gold9472
01-22-2005, 12:09 PM
The thing about this kind of post is it's nothing that's never been shown or said before...

How do the Bush supporter's respond to these facts? Where are they?

Ophie
01-22-2005, 12:28 PM
The thing about this kind of post is it's nothing that's never been shown or said before...

How do the Bush supporter's respond to these facts? Where are they?
They've got nothing. They just start talking about how Saddam treated the Iraqis and how we're liberating them. Doesn't address the facts though, does it?

Gold9472
01-22-2005, 12:29 PM
They've got nothing. They just start talking about how Saddam treated the Iraqis and how we're liberating them. Doesn't address the facts though, does it?

Don't forget about Bill..

Gold9472
01-22-2005, 12:33 PM
"I'm a right wing nut job... I can't talk about what's shown to me... I have to deflect, and talk about how Bill Clinton had the opportunity to take out Osama Bin Laden in the late 90's, and never did. I have to talk about how Bill Clinton was President during the 1993 WTC Bombing... 9/11 is Bill Clinton's fault."

Gold9472
01-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Don't get me wrong... I don't like Bill Clinton in the least.

Ophie
01-22-2005, 12:52 PM
"I'm a right wing nut job... I can't talk about what's shown to me... I have to deflect, and talk about how Bill Clinton had the opportunity to take out Osama Bin Laden in the late 90's, and never did. I have to talk about how Bill Clinton was President during the 1993 WTC Bombing... 9/11 is Bill Clinton's fault."
Yep, every argument seems to boil down to this. No matter what the argument is even about. Let's not address the facts that are right in front of our faces, let's just attack the former president and blame him for everything the Bush admin. has done in the past 4 years. :rolleyes:

Gold9472
01-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Yep, every argument seems to boil down to this. No matter what the argument is even about. Let's not address the facts that are right in front of our faces, let's just attack the former president and blame him for everything the Bush admin. has done in the past 4 years. :rolleyes:

For Those Of You Who Always Blame Bill Clinton (not that I like him)...

Just out of curiousity, at what point does the President Of the United States take responsibility for his role? Is it 9 months after his inauguruation? I always thought it was ON THE DAY of his inauguration. If the incumbent President loses the election, he and his team spend MONTHS with the new President-Elect's party going over what they need to know. It's called a TRANSITION TEAM. They learn EVERYTHING the previous administration knew so that they are prepared THE DAY they start their job.

Who was in office on September 11th, 2001?

GEORGE W. BUSH

Good Doctor HST
01-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtesy of today's Washington Post:

A helicopter crash in western Iraq killed 30 U.S. Marines and one sailor early today, and five more troops died in insurgent attacks in the single deadliest day for U.S. forces since the war in Iraq began nearly two years ago, defense officials said.

A Marine CH-53 Sea Stallion transport helicopter went down at about 1:20 a.m. local time (5:20 p.m. Tuesday EST) near the town of Rutbah about 220 miles west of Baghdad while conducting "security and stabilization operations," a Marine statement said.

The latest deaths pushed the toll of U.S. military fatalities in Iraq over 1,400. It was the deadliest day since the war began in March 2003, surpassing the third day of the war on March 23 when 29 U.S. soldiers died, mostly in fierce fighting in and around Nasiriyah in southern Iraq. The deadliest single incident before today was also a helicopter crash: a November 2003 collision of two Black Hawk helicopters in which 17 service members were killed. The choppers collided over the northern Iraqi city of Mosul while trying to avoid ground fire from insurgents.

President Bush expressed grief over today's crash but urged Americans to continue supporting his Iraq policy as a way to "spread freedom" through the Middle East. He also encouraged Iraqis to defy terrorists and vote in Iraq's landmark elections Sunday.
"The story today is going to be very discouraging to the American people," Bush said at a White House press conference this morning. "I understand that. We value life. And we weep and mourn when soldiers lose their life."

Bush added, "But it is the long-term objective that is vital, and that is to spread freedom. Otherwise the Middle East will continue to be a caldron of resentment and hate, a recruiting ground for those who have this vision of the world that is the exact opposite of ours."

Bush said expanding democracy around the world is a long-term goal that "will require the commitment of generations." He cautioned, "You'll see progress toward a goal. There won't be instant democracy."

Addressing insurgent threats to wage war on the electoral process in Iraq, Bush said, "I urge all people to vote. I urge people to defy these terrorists. These terrorists do not have the best interests of the Iraqi people in mind. They have no positive agenda. They have no clear view of a better future. They're afraid of a free society."

That's right. Stay the course King George....

Hey hey Dubya hey
How many kids did you kill today??