PDA

View Full Version : Conyers Reaches, Extends Signature Goal; Creates Tip Line

Gold9472
06-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Conyers reaches, extends signature goal; creates tip line

(Gold9472: He'd better not be fuckin' with us is all I'm sayin'...)

The office of Representative John Conyers (D-MI) believes it has surpassed its stated goal of 100,000 signatures requesting an investigation into the Downing Street Memo, minutes of a British Prime Minister's meeting on July 23, 2002.

"Right now, we are going through signatures to verify the number," said Danielle Brown, Conyers' spokesperson. Brown currently puts the number of signers at an, "estimated 110,000 and growing." With Conyers' web site receiving about 5,000 unique visitors every 4 to 5 hours, the Congressman has made his revised goal 250,000 signatures.

Conyers also hopes to attract prospective whistleblowers through a new tips line on the Democrats' House Judiciary web page. "There remain many unanswered questions regarding President Bush's lead up to the Iraq war that suggest a serious abuse of power," Conyers stated in a press release. "I am hopeful there are people who have leads and information that will bring us closer to the truth.

"Accessing my website will enable courageous civil servants and concerned citizens to contact me in order to provide relevant information in a secure and confidential manner. As we have been reminded this week by the disclosure of the identity of 'Deep Throat', a single citizen can expose widespread corruption in an Administration."

The Downing Street minutes, recorded prior to the invasion of Iraq, have become a source of controversy since their publication last month in the Sunday Times, but have received little U.S. media attention. Among other things, the minutes record that, "Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."

Gold9472
06-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I called the tipline....

beltman713
06-03-2005, 07:56 PM
This might just be what tips the scales.