PDA

View Full Version : Elder Bush Would Like Son Jeb To Run For President

Gold9472
06-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Elder Bush would like son Jeb to run for president

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/bush_father_dc

Tue May 31, 8:08 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - George Bush, the president's father, would like to see another Bush in the White House someday, saying on Tuesday that he would want his son Jeb to run for president when the timing is right.

Florida Governor Jeb Bush has repeatedly said he does not plan to run for president in 2008, trying to dampen speculation that another Bush could be on the next Republican ticket for the White House.

In an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," former President Bush said he would want Jeb to run for president "someday," but now was not the time.

"The timing's wrong. The main thing is, he doesn't want to do it. Nobody believes that," Bush said.

But he and wife Barbara both said they believed Jeb, 52, did not want to run in the next presidential race.

Bush said he did not have a favorite candidate for the Republican nomination to succeed his son, President Bush.

Barbara Bush said she believed Senator and former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton would be the Democratic nominee in the 2008 presidential race. "I'm not going to vote for her, but I'm betting on her," she said.

somebigguy
06-01-2005, 12:41 PM
"When the timings right..."

Meaning: When the bugs are worked out of the electronic voting machines.

I heard they tried using those machines in Iraq for those elections, but they couldn't use them because according to the machines, Bush kept winning.

911=inside job
06-01-2005, 04:22 PM
HAHAHHAHAAHAH!!!!!!