PDA

View Full Version : Dear 9/11 First Responders

Gold9472
06-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Dear 9/11 First Responders

Jon Gold
6/14/2012

First, I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally. Finally, the 9/11 First Responders that are sick and dying as a result of working down at the pile, have healthcare to take care of them. Healthcare that now includes cancer. It doesn't cover all cancers, so there might still be a fight, but it is certainly better than it was. It has been a long fight. I know. I have been there since almost the very beginning.

I, like many others, have done my best to be supportive of the 9/11 First Responders. To try and bring attention to their issue. I started an archive (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7547) the day James Zadroga died that has been maintained for years. In January 2007, I held my very first fund-raiser (http://www.911blogger.com/node/4895) for 9/11 First Responders. I managed to raise $3,290.00 that time. When Mike Bloomberg said that James Zadroga wasn't a hero (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/2662_59326695285_2741551_n.jpg), people like me were there to get Mike Bloomberg to apologize. Every time the FealGood Foundation went to Washington D.C., I did my best to promote their trips, and the resulting videos.

As I said, it has been a long fight. A hard fight. Because it is difficult to get politicians to do the right thing, sometimes concessions have to be made. Long ago, several 9/11 First Responders were very supportive of the "9/11 Truth Movement." Because of antics in the "9/11 Truth Movement," many 9/11 First Responders started to disassociate from the movement, and understandably so. However, another reason that 9/11 First Responders started to shy away from people in the "9/11 Truth Movement" was because being associated with that group, a group that has been relentlessly slandered and ridiculed by the "mainstream media," meant that it was harder to get politicians to do the right thing. In other words, if the 9/11 First Responders wanted the politicians to play ball, they also had to play the game.

Let me say that if I was a 9/11 First Responder that was sick and dying as a result of working down at the pile, I would also make concessions to get myself and other 9/11 First Responders the health care that they need. Unfortunately, that's how things work in today's America. It shouldn't be that way, but sadly, it is.

So, the game has been played, and now the 9/11 First Responders have the healthcare that they need for the most part. Excellent. Nothing has made me happier in the last decade. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You are all heroes, and have always been heroes to me.

The reason I am writing this article is to ask that you be heroes one more time. A grave injustice has occurred with regards to the 9/11 attacks. We were lied to about that day. 2,976 people were brutally murdered, over 1,000 9/11 First Responders have died, 1,000's of American soldiers have died, well over 1,000,000 civilians have died in the wars that resulted from 9/11, we've lost so many civil liberties, and we were lied to about that day. People that lost loved ones that day have had to watch the names of their loved ones used to do horrible things in this country and around the world. All the while not knowing exactly what happened that day, or who was ultimately responsible. They deserve better than they got in the 9/11 Commission. We all do.

Now that you don't have to play the game any longer, I implore you to consider speaking out about the cover-ups of 9/11. A hero or heroine does their best to do the right thing. We need real justice and accountability for what happened that day, and we need you, our heroes, to start speaking out about it. To do the right thing. Please be the heroes that you are. One more time. Thank you.