PDA

View Full Version : 3 Days In DeCeit, WHERE THE F#*@ ARE YOUR MORALS?!?

Gold9472
07-06-2010, 08:56 PM
3 Days In DeCeit, WHERE THE F#*@ ARE YOUR MORALS?!?

Jon Gold
7/6/2010

I'm back from what I now call Washington DeCeit. We have A LOT to be worried about America (OOPS... Hold on, I have to turn myself over. I don't want that side to be overcooked (it was THAT hot out)).

Last time I participated in an event with Cindy, I wrote an article (http://www.opednews.com/Diary/My-Fondest-Memories-Of-Cam-by-Jon-Gold-100325-395.html) about the different things we did, and the experiences I had. Not this time. This time I'm going to call you out America because you should be ashamed of yourselves. This does NOT apply to everyone because I know some had legitimate reasons not to be there. Some, but VERY few.

When Cindy told me that she was going to start POTA, I knew I had to participate. After 8 years of trying to use the "system" to bring truth, accountability, and justice for the 9/11 attacks, I learned a very hard lesson. The "system" DOES NOT WORK.

Right now, our soldiers are fighting illegal, preemptive wars (Yes, I know it's better to call them occupations Ward Reilly), with no end in sight. They are being told that the people they are fighting are less than human. They are killing innocent people. People with families, and lives that they care about, JUST LIKE all of you. Our soldiers are committing suicide at an ASTOUNDING rate because of what they have had to endure, and what they are being told to do. Even a soldier that accepts what they're being told about who they are fighting eventually sees that what they are doing is wrong. It takes its toll (no, I have never served, but it's NOT rocket science). They should be brought home immediately. Illegal occupations under Bush, are JUST as illegal under Obama. C'mon "anti-war" movement. You're SUPPOSED to know better. You're SUPPOSED to be those people that DO NOT rely on the Television set to tell you what's going on, and instead, know to research, and pay attention to alternative sources of information. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!? It's Cindy Sheehan for crying out loud. The literal face of peace in the world that we live in. If she makes an effort to stop these illegal occupations, then you should do EVERYTHING within your power to be there, or support her as best as you can. You shouldn't only show up when the "mainstream media" is present.

Our civil liberties are disappearing, and let me tell you, after having been thrown out of Lafayette Park more times than I remember, I can honestly say that the right to "peaceably assemble" is GONE. The right to petition your Government for a "redress of grievances" is GONE. The secret service made sure to tell Cindy that she has a "stay away order" that states if she walks on the White House sidewalk, she will go to prison for 6 months. I have an identical "stay away order." It was depressing to see our friends "bullhorning" the White House, and not being able to participate. Our trial is this Monday, 7/12/2010.

Do I really need to tell you about what's happening in the Gulf? Do I really need to tell you how it is destroying our ocean? We need to deal with the "oilcano." This is a "no-brainer."

The "mainstream media" in this country IS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY COMPROMISED. I've known this for years, but today was another great reminder. Benjamin Netancuckoo visited the White House today. Peace of the Action, A.N.S.W.E.R., Code Pink, Ray McGovern, and others were at the White House to protest his meeting with Obomba. There is no mention of this protest in any news outlet that I can see at the time this article is being written. It is doubtful that will change, because if they cover what we were doing, then they certainly should be covering the 1000+ Orthodox Jews that were protesting his visit as well. Do you think that's something the people of this country should know about?

There is A LOT more that is wrong. Corruption in Government, and elsewhere is obviously running rampant. Our schools are a joke. Our healthcare is horrible. I could go on and on, but would it get you off your asses? As it looks right now, it is doubtful.

It's very hard to want to continue doing what I do when you think that no one cares. What's happening to this country, and to the world, IN OUR NAMES, is wrong. These aren't left or right issues. These are issues that affect ALL of humanity. It's not about left and right, it's about right and wrong. What's happening is wrong, and detrimental to all of us.

I want to thank those of you who did come to participate. You should all be EXTREMELY proud of yourselves.

Cindy & Co. are going to be in Washington DeCeit for a while longer. You know joining her is the right thing to do, so please just do it.

I'm going to end by posting something Theresa Childs posted on Cindy's wall on Facebook. Theresa, along with her husband Stephen, drove their family all the way from Florida to be with us. Thank you both.

To Cindy...

I just wanted to say that spending time with POTA was such a wonderful thing for my family. I cannot tell you how proud I am that my kids got to see peaceful protest first hand and it was an education that money could never buy. I love your comment that we should "teach our children about peace". I agree, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me teach mine. My kids love you!!!!