PDA

View Full Version : Director Of 9/11: Press For Truth Endorses NYCCAN

Gold9472
07-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Director Of 9/11: Press For Truth Endorses NYCCAN

Ray Nowosielski
7/25/2009

From 2003 to 2006, I devoted much of my life to directing the documentary Press For Truth. I and my colleagues made this movie because we wanted to make a wider audience aware of the amazing story and important issues championed by our heroes, "the Jersey Girls".

These four mothers from New Jersey, widowed on 9/11, were still fresh in their grief as they began a noble fight for what they saw as a common sense cause: an independent investigation. Such an endeavor, they felt, would determine all pertinent facts related to the murder of their husbands so that We the People would have the necessary information to properly deal with any and all wrongdoers and to fix any problems with America's systems of protection for it's citizens. Only by doing this could they ensure that nothing like what happened to their loved ones would ever happen to anyone else's loved ones.

It is important to understand that were it not for the fourteen months of constant, devoted lobbying by the Jersey Girls and eight other victims' relatives, calling themselves the 9/11 Family Steering Committee, there would have been no 9/11 Commission. This was *their* investigation, and from the outset they presented it's chairman, Tom Kean, and the rest of the commissioners with a list of over 300 detailed questions that they knew needed answered. In my opinion, there could be no better gage for assessing the success or failure of an investigation into September 11th than to examine how well it did in answering these questions.

In July 2004, that commission concluded it's work and released it's Final Report. Jersey Girls Mindy Kleinberg and Lorie Van Auken began the time-consuming task of cross-referencing the 571-page report with their original list of questions, dividing them into lists of "answered", "partially answered", and "not answered". By the time our team showed up at Lorie's house with our cameras in the spring of 2005, they had just completed this work. They were heart-broken to reveal for the first time in our movie that 70% of their questions had not been answered.

I endorse the new efforts of the New York City Coalition for Accountability Now (www.nyccan.org) to get a new investigation onto this November's ballot. It is long overdue. Such a new investigation must include subpeona powers and an oversight role for the victims' relatives. I hope that you too will do whatever you can to support this effort.

http://www.911pressfortruth.com/