PDA

View Full Version : NYCCAN Action Alert

Gold9472
07-24-2009, 06:58 PM
NYCCAN Action Alert

I heard from Amy Goodman that the best way to get DemocracyNow to cover a news story is to contact them at producers@democracynow.org. Below is the email that I sent. Please contact them and let them know that this is something they should DEFINITELY be covering. Thank you.
To the producers of DemocracyNOW,

Currently, there is an effort underway in New York City to get a new investigation into the 9/11 attacks onto this November's ballot. Over 70,000 New Yorkers have signed the petition, and 80 9/11 Family Members have endorsed it (up from 53 three weeks ago), including the famous "Jersey Girls." Noted individuals such as 9/11 Whistleblower and Time's Person of the Year, Coleen Rowley, as well as Peace Activist Cindy Sheehan have endorsed this effort. The mainstream media has completely and totally ignored this "newsworthy" event. The reason I am writing is to ask, no beg, that you cover this extremely important story. It has been 8 years since that horrid day, and there has been no accountability, and no justice. Especially to those victims' family members that have seen the names of their loved ones used to start illegal pre-emptive wars, take away our civil liberties, bankrupt this country, and expand Executive power to the point of no accountability. Please do the right thing, and cover this extremely important story.

www.nyccan.org

Sincerest Regards,

Jon Gold