PDA

View Full Version : More Robber Class Perfidy

Gold9472
07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
More Robber Class Perfidy

http://cindysheehanssoapbox.blogspot.com/2009/07/more-robber-class-perfidy-by-cindy.html

Cindy Sheehan
7/18/2009

Perfidy: Deliberate breach of faith or trust; faithlessness; treachery

According to foreclosure listing service RealtyTrac Inc., more than 1.5 million households received at least one foreclosure-related notice during the first half of the year. That's a jump of nearly 15 percent.

The nation's official unemployment rate in June rose from 9.4 to 9.5 percent, its highest in 26 years. But, it’s even far worse than that: the nation's actual unemployment rate in June rose from 16.4 to 16.5 percent, the highest figure by far since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began keeping the data in 1994. During the Great Depression of the ‘30’s and ‘40’s unemployment reached 25%

With all of this awful news, the Robber Class Banksters must be “hurtin’ for certain,” right? Wrong! And as a matter of fact, the number one Evil Robber Class Banking Cartel, Goldman Sachs posted record profits for the second quarter of 2009! Goldman Sachs has been a company for 140 years and has never done better as it did last quarter. This mega-Robber Class company will payout an average of 77,000.00 in bonuses to its workers.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics: As a group, Goldman Sachs bankers have been the country's top political campaign contributors this year and have given $29.5 million in contributions since 1989.

Even more troubling than Goldman Sachs posting record profits in a recession/depression caused by that very same company, is the fact that even after tens of billions of dollars of government welfare, it was stated in a recent article that Goldman Sachs was able to do so well because of “Secretive trading operations.”

“Secretive trading operations” are so mysterious that when one googles the term, nothing comes up, except this article announcing GS’s boon. So what are these STO’s? Derivatives? Mortgage Back Securities? Drugs, like opium from Afghanistan? Arms? Slaves? One can speculate and think the worst and the scary thing is, the worst is probably nowhere nearly as bad as we can imagine.

There is little outrage over this Robber Class treachery, and as a matter of fact, in an article entitled: Little Outrage on the Hill over Goldman Sachs Record Profits, Senate Majority Wimp, Harry Reid (D-Nv) said: “ And I am not in this statement criticizing Goldman Sachs.Because I don’t know how they made their money, ok? But I’m glad, as I indicated, that someone made some money.” (Italics added for incredulous emphasis). Senator Reid puts the milk in toast and he knows who butters his proverbial bread…there will be no outrage or significant oversight coming out of the 111th US Congress, (Sponsored by Goldman Sachs with major underwriting by Health Insurance Companies, big-Pharma, and the Military Industrial Complex).

Are WE outraged, though?

Sadly, I am not so sure many of us are.