PDA

View Full Version : CIA Chief Believes Cheney Almost Wants U.S. Attacked

Gold9472
06-14-2009, 08:52 PM
CIA chief believes Cheney almost wants US attacked

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN14131333

(Gold9472: Well that's interesting... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously, I'm laughing out loud. Hold on a sec... whew... man... that was funny. You mean to tell me you think that our ex-Vice President is capable of "wishing that this country would be attacked" for any reason at all let alone again to "make his point?" Hmmm... well if he's capable of desiring an attack against this country, then he is again, a prime suspect for 9/11. I recently pointed out on Facebook to people that Dick Cheney is perfectly capable of contemplating ways to create a pre-text for war.)

WASHINGTON, June 14 (Reuters) - CIA director Leon Panetta says it's almost as if former vice president Dick Cheney would like to see another attack on the United States to prove he is right in criticizing President Barack Obama for abandoning the "harsh interrogation" of terrorism suspects.

"I think he smells some blood in the water on the national security issue," Panetta said in an interview published in The New Yorker magazine's June 22 issue.

"It's almost, a little bit, gallows politics. When you read behind it, it's almost as if he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

Cheney, who was a key advocate in the Bush administration of controversial interrogation methods such as waterboarding, has become as a leading Republican critic of Obama's ban on harsh interrogations and his plan to shut the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

In a blistering May 21 speech, Cheney said Obama's reversal of Bush-era policies were "unwise in the extreme" that would make the American people less safe.

Panetta called Cheney's actions "dangerous politics."

He told The New Yorker he had favored the creation of an independent truth commission to look into the detainee polices of former President George W. Bush. But the idea died in April when Obama decided such a panel could be seen as politically vindictive.

simuvac
06-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Again?!

Gold9472
06-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Cheney: I hope CIA chief was misquoted

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/06/cheney-i-hope-cia-chief-was-misquoted/

6/14/2009

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Monday hit back at CIA Director Leon Panetta online in a DC newspaper Monday after comments by Obama's CIA chief saying that he thinks Cheney almost wishes the US will be attacked.

"I hope my old friend Leon was misquoted," said Cheney in a statement provided to The Hill. "The important thing is whether or not the Obama administration will continue the policies that have kept us safe for the last eight years."

Panetta, a veteran politician who served as Bill Clinton's chief of staff, had criticized Cheney for "gallows politics" and said the former vice president hoped the country were subject to another terrorist attack.

"I think he smells some blood in the water on the national-security issue," Panetta told The New Yorker's Jane Mayer. "It’s almost, a little bit, gallows politics. When you read behind it, it’s almost as if he’s wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point. I think that’s dangerous politics."In an interview published in the latest issue of the New Yorker, the head of the CIA expresses frustration at Cheney’s speech last month, on the same day that President Obama outlined his national security strategy in a separate speech.

simuvac
06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Why isn't Cheney dead? He's got a bad ticker. He worked in high stress jobs for many years. He's pure evil.

I know, I know: Only the good die young.

But, dammit....

Gold9472
06-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Ed Schultz: Dick Cheney ‘will do anything’ for power

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/06/16/ed-schultz-dick-cheney-wants-americans-to-die/

BY DAVID EDWARDS AND MURIEL KANE

CIA director Leon Panetta stirred up controversy last week when he was quoted in an interview as saying that former Vice President Dick Cheney, in his criticism of the Obama administration, almost seems to be “wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point.”

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough saw Panetta’s remark as a good topic for debate when his fellow MSNBC host Ed Schultz appeared on Tuesday’s Morning Joe.

“Let’s pick a topic that’ll get us really angry,” Scarborough proposed to Schultz. “Leon Panetta and Dick Cheney. Do you agree with the CIA director that it’s almost as if Dick Cheney hopes Americans will die so he gains some political advantage?”

“Absolutely,” Schultz replied.

“You believe the former vice president wants Americans to die in a terrorist attack so he can regain a political advantage?” Scarborough repeated incredulously.

“You got it, Joe,” Schultz agreed. “I think Dick Cheney’s all about power. I think Dick Cheney is all about seeing this country go conservative and a hard right wing, and I think he’ll do anything to get it that way.”

“I must say, I’m stunned,” Scarborough responded. “I could never imagine thinking that of a Democrat or a liberal … that a political opponent of mine wanted blood to be shed of Americans so they could gain an advantage in the polls.”

“That’s Dick Cheney,” Schultz affirmed. “I think he’s one of the most ruthless politicians in the history of this country. … He’s setting the narrative up so he can do, ‘I told you so.’”

“I’m just not willing to go there,” Scarborough retorted. ‘I believe Dick Cheney’s doing this because he believes, like me, some policies that have been implemented make America less weak [sic].”

Scarborough’s co-host Mike Brzezinski attempted to mediate, suggesting that “it would have been much better if [Cheney] had made a really intense attempt to talk to the White House. … I feel like he just went to the public arena and made some really strong statements about our president. … There was something inelegant about it.”

“Barack Obama and his supporters have been calling Dick Cheney evil for two years,” Scarborough objected. “If people called me evil, I don’t think I would call up, ‘Hey, can I come over and talk.’ … He’s been called evil for 2-3 years, and I don’t know that he’s going to pick up the phone.”

This video is from MSNBC’s Morning Joe, broadcast June 16, 2009.

Video

Gold9472
06-16-2009, 07:04 PM
No, I don't want him to die. Not until he is put on trial.