PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Counter Argument

Gold9472
05-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Interesting Counter Argument

I remembered today that a plane flew into the White House a few years ago. It occured to me that this would be an interesting counter argument to some of our 9/11 statements.

"September 12, 1994: A man, flying a stolen Cessna airplane, entered the prohibited airspace around the White House just before 2 a.m. After passing over the Ellipse, the man, identified as Frank Eugene Corder, crashed on the lawn just south of the Executive Mansion. The plane struck a tree near the South Portico steps and hit a corner on the first floor of the White House. President Clinton and his family were not in the residence at the time. Corder was killed in the crash."

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/02/07/whitehouse.incidents.02/

Now, knowing this, what would you say if someone said this to you...

"You people always talk about how P-56 is the most secure airspace in the world. That they have the best radar systems money can buy. Well, on September 12th, 1994, a plane hit the White House. Explain that..."

How would you respond to this? I know how I would...

Gold9472
05-23-2005, 08:33 PM
You people always talk about how P-56 is the most secure airspace in the world. That they have the best radar systems money can buy. Well, on September 12th, 1994, a plane hit the White House. Explain that...

Exactly, a plane hit the White House on September 12th, 1994. So you're going to tell me that since then, no one thought to put together contingency plans to ensure something like that wouldn't happen again? You're going to tell me that when Condoleeza Rice said they had no idea they would use planes as missles, that she didn't see this plane hit the White House? It was all over the news if I remember correctly.

*note, I don't ordinarily talk to myself...

princesskittypoo
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Exactly, a plane hit the White House on September 12th, 1994. So you're going to tell me that since then, no one thought to put together contingency plans to ensure something like that wouldn't happen again? You're going to tell me that when Condoleeza Rice said they had no idea they would use planes as missles, that she didn't see this plane hit the White House? It was all over the news if I remember correctly.

*note, I don't ordinarily talk to myself...
i was wondering....

Gold9472
05-23-2005, 08:40 PM
i was wondering....

This is a good exercise for me, and for everyone... thinking about arguments, and formulating counter arguments. Se7en would be proud.

somebigguy
05-23-2005, 09:26 PM
This is a good exercise for me, and for everyone... thinking about arguments, and formulating counter arguments. Se7en would be proud.
I didn't even know about that, interesting. They could then use the same argument and say "they fixed things since 9/11" and thats why that plane was intercepted last week.

However, its not about who is right or wrong, the truth is what were after. If something like this is possible, then it should not be an argument we put forth. However, Norad should respond within 10 minutes regardless, so this should not be possible.

Gold9472
05-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I'd be interested to see White House responses that day... what they planned to do to ensure it wouldn't happen again, etc...

somebigguy
05-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Again, we need Norads mission statement, and we should use that...

Gold9472
05-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Again, we need Norads mission statement, and we should use that...

What is their mission statement?

somebigguy
05-23-2005, 09:34 PM
NORAD Mission Statement

NORAD continuously provides worldwide detection, validation and warning of an aerospace attack on North America and maintains continental aerospace control, to include peacetime air sovereignty alert and appropriate aerospace defense measures in response to hostile actions against North America

USNORTHCOM Mission Statement

United States Northern Command conducts operations to deter, prevent and defeat threats and aggression aimed at the United States, its territories and interests within assigned areas of responsibility; as directed by the President or Secretary of Defense, provides military assistance to civil authorities, including consequence management operations

From here: http://www.hsdec.org/charter.aspx

911=inside job
05-27-2005, 02:58 PM
they just want to at weak so we will throw more and more money their way....

princesskittypoo
05-27-2005, 03:45 PM
i think norad is a hoax...

Gold9472
05-30-2005, 09:54 PM
September 11, 1994

www.cooperativeresearch.org

A lone pilot crashes a small plane onto the White House grounds, just missing the President's bedroom. A suicidal and apparently apolitical pilot named Frank Corder steals a single-engine plane from an airport north of Baltimore, Maryland, and attempts to crash it into the White House. He crashes into a wall two stories below the presidential bedroom (President Clinton is not there at the time). Corder is killed on impact. . [New York Times, 10/3/01; Time, 9/26/94] A Time magazine story shortly after the incident notes, “The unlikely incident confirmed all too publicly what security officials have long feared in private: the White House is vulnerable to sneak attack from the air. 'For years I have thought a terrorist suicide pilot could readily divert his flight from an approach to Washington to blow up the White House,' said Richard Helms, CIA director from 1966 to 1972.” The article further notes that an attack of this type had been a concern since 1974, when a disgruntled US Army private staged an unauthorized helicopter landing on the South Lawn. Special communcations lines were established between the Secret Service and Washington's National Airport control tower to the Secret Service operations center, but the line is ineffective in this case because no flight controller pays attention to the flight in time. [Time, 9/26/94]