PDA

View Full Version : Hey Washington D.C., Let's Get This Show On The Road!!!

Gold9472
03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey Washington D.C., Let's Get This Show On The Road!!!

Jon Gold
3/10/2009

"I was just in the hospital for 8 days with respiratory & coronary problems. Then I come out to find out that the insurance carrier decided at the last minute to appeal my award from workmans comp that was just given to me after waiting 7 1/2 years."

This was just told to me by 9/11 First Responder Charlie Giles. Charlie was an EMT that went into the North Tower to try and help people, and got caught when the building collapsed. He was pulled out of the rubble, and has had to deal with serious medical problems ever since.

Charlie is but one of thousands with similar problems. It has almost been 8 years since that horrid day, and for the most part, the 9/11 First Responders and the people of New York living around Ground Zero have been neglected. Neglected by those who were more than willing to use their images to sell two wars, take away our civil liberties, and practically destroy this country.

It is LONG past due that these individuals receive the help they so DESPERATELY need and deserve.

On February 4th, 2009, Reps. Maloney, Nadler, King, and McMahon reintroduced the 9/11 Health and Compensation Act (http://www.911blogger.com/node/19278). Since that time, it has been sitting in limbo, just waiting to be voted on.

To our elected officials sitting in the House of Representatives. You could spend more money in Iraq or Afghanistan. You could spend more money on health care. You could spend more money bailing out the financial industry. You could do a lot of things, and in the past, you have shown us that when you want to, you can pass legislation faster than a speeding bullet.

I am asking you now to put all of those other things aside, and spend some money on what's right, and to do it NOW. Give them the help that they need. It is long past due.