PDA

View Full Version : How about a stock tip?

Good Doctor HST
05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
From Hyundainews.com

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 3, 2005 -- Hyundai Motor America today announced April sales of 40,958 vehicles, a new all-time record for the month, and third-best month in Hyundai's history. The results represent a 16.9 percent increase over April 2004. Leading the way were Elantra with 11,271 sales and Sonata, winner of the J. D. Power Award for Initial Quality in the entry-level mid size segment, with 10,790 sales. Both models had their best April ever. The new Tucson SUV also set a single-month sales record with 5,195 sales.

"Our strong performance in April was an extremely positive sign of Hyundai's growing demand," said Ed Bradley, Hyundai's vice president, national sales. "We achieved a significant increase in a very competitive market. And the introduction of the all-new 2006 Sonata at the end of this month will continue our sales momentum."

Good Doctor HST
05-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Why do I bring this up, you ask?

Yesterday, the new Hyundai plant in Alabama put on a show for its Japanese foreign investors.... I saw the highlights on CNN. Hyundai has been a real money-maker for the last couple months.

Another notable person at the auto show: Former President George Bush

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Bush the First has made money on Hyundai. Coincidentally, Bush the Second has been expressing great concern about fuel cell research. He has in the past too. According to Bloomburg News, 'In 2003, President George W. Bush pledged $1.2 billion in aid to automakers for the development of hydrogen-fueled vehicles.'