PDA

View Full Version : Trump Sets His Sights On Ground Zero

Gold9472
05-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Trump sets his sights on Ground Zero
The real estate mogul unveils his own plan to recreate the twin towers in lower Manhattan.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/18/news/newsmakers/trump_twintowers/index.htm?cnn=yes

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2005/05/18/trumpwtc.story.cnn.jpg

May 18, 2005: 3:49 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Donald Trump unveiled his plan to recreate the twin towers at Ground Zero at a press conference Wednesday, in an attempt to trump the Libeskind plan for a stand-alone Freedom Tower.

The real estate mogul said he aims to build two 111-story buildings, one foot taller than the 1360-foot buildings destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001.

The Trump plan would require scrapping the Libeskind plan for a 1,776-foot Freedom Tower, symbolizing the year of American independence, which continues to be hotly debated.

"In a nutshell, Freedom Tower should not be allowed to be built, it's not appropriate for downtown Manhattan, it's not appropriate for Manhattan, it's not appropriate for the United States and it's not appropriate for freedom," Trump said.

"The only thing good about the building, from an architectural standpoint, is the name Freedom Tower," he added.

Trump made clear that he intends to launch a promotional push to gather support for his idea of rebuilding the World Trade Center.

At today's press conference, he stood near a model of the proposed new twin towers. The model has been on display in the lobby of the developer's flagship Fifth Avenue property, Trump Tower.

Trump mentioned that he will draw attention to the proposal during this week's live airing of "The Apprentice." The model will "probably" be displayed during the broadcast, Trump said, "so the whole country can see it."

dz
05-18-2005, 05:15 PM
trump is such a horrible business man..

1 question for you.. who in their right mind would ever work in those buildings?

buncha idiots.

Gold9472
05-18-2005, 05:19 PM
trump is such a horrible business man..

1 question for you.. who in their right mind would ever work in those buildings?

buncha idiots.

I'm sure a lot of people would... you'd be surprised...

somebigguy
05-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I thought the Freedom tower was a done deal, guess not.

I think you'd have trouble filling those buildings too. They already were half vacant before the attacks. I think the only people using those buildings would be Trump and his ego. Might almost be big enough too.

pcteaser
05-18-2005, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see the towers back again.