PDA

View Full Version : George Bush Isn't In Charge, Says Vladimir Putin

Gold9472
09-11-2008, 09:08 PM
George Bush isn't in charge, says Vladimir Putin
My kinda guy... but the people around him are rubbish, says Putin

https://web.archive.org/web/20080915220854/http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4734894.ece

Richard Beeston, Sochi
9/11/2008

In a thinly veiled dig at George Bush, Vladimir Putin today suggested that the US President was not in charge of American affairs, saying that it was "the court that makes the king."

Amid heightened tensions with the US in the wake of the war in Georgia, the Russian Prime Minister insisted that the US leader was a man of honour and integrity, but blamed members of the administration for the sharp deterioration of relations with Russia.

"I still hope we will maintain good relations, but it is the court that makes the king," he told a group of foreign journalists in an interview at his residence in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.

He nonetheless spoke fondly of his relationship with Mr Bush, saying, only half-jokingly: "I treat President Bush better than some Americans would."

At times Mr Putin displayed genuine anger, particularly when discussing the deployment of US navy warships just off the Russian Black Sea coast. Much of his criticism was aimed directly at the Bush administration which he accused of training and army the Georgian military and encouraging its leadership to launch last month's assault on the breakaway province of South Ossetia.

"Should we have wiped the bloody snot off our face and bowed our head? Should we have waved our penknives?" he said in response to the mobilisation of Georgian tanks and troops.

simuvac
09-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Putin just realized this?

Gold9472
09-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Putin just realized this?

See... I don't think George is as uninvolved as everyone makes him out to be. I think he's a lot smarter than he let's on.

simuvac
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
See... I don't think George is as uninvolved as everyone makes him out to be. I think he's a lot smarter than he let's on.

Mmm, something tells me it's not an act. Besides, look at the people around him: they all have more history with think tanks and neocon cabals than they do with Bush. Bush was in Texas while Cheney, Rumsfeld, and fellow travelers were still plotting CoG.