PDA

View Full Version : Iran To Target "32 U.S. Bases" If Attacked

Gold9472
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Iran to target '32 US bases' if attacked

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Iran_to_target_32_US_bases_if_attac_07122008.html

7/13/2008

Iran will target "32 US bases and the heart of Israel" if it is attacked, the Fars news agency quoted an aide to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei as saying on Saturday.

"If America and Israel shoot any bullets and missiles against our country, Iranian armed forces will target the heart of Israel and 32 US bases in the region before the dust from this attack has settled," Mojtaba Zolnoor said.

Zolnoor is Khamenei's deputy representative for the elite Revolutionary Guards, the force which controls Iran's more potent weaponry, particularly its longer-range missiles capable of striking Israel and US bases in the Gulf.

The United States and its top regional ally Israel have never ruled out attacking Iran over its nuclear drive, which the West fears could be aimed at making nuclear weapons.

There has been concern an attack against Iran could be imminent after it emerged Israel had carried out manoeuvres in Greece that were effectively practice runs for a potential strike against Iranian nuclear facilities.

Government spokesman Gholam Hossein Elham on Saturday dismissed speculation that Iran risked being attacked by the United States, saying that a military strike would be "craziness."

The Islamic republic has repeatedly warned of a crushing response to any aggression against its soil.

Iran rejects the Western accusations and insists its nuclear programme is aimed solely at generating energy for a growing population whose fossil fuel reserves will eventually run out.

Tensions over the nuclear standoff have surged again in recent days after Iran test-fired a broadside of missiles -- including one it says brings Israel within range -- in war games that provoked international concern.

simuvac
07-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Good for Iran. I'd be posturing like a muthafucka too, if I had American and Israeli nukes aimed at me.

MrDark71
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't believe word one .....at least not in the context in which this latest "threat" to our freedom has played out. I believe we'll be at war soon ...and it's certainly not going to be 'Iraq-easy' ....with potential ramifications I don't think most of the populace can even comprehend ...but it's gonna be served up to us like another slice of yellow cake.