PDA

View Full Version : Report: Judiciary May Hold Hearings On Impeachment

Gold9472
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Report: Judiciary may hold hearings on impeachment

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Report_Judiciary_may_hold_hearings_on_0710.html

(Gold9472: Sounds to me like the old "we're considering it because 99.99% of the country wants us to, but we're just talking the talk, and not walking the walk so people think we care when we actually don't" trick.)

7/10/2008

After insisting for nearly two years that impeachment was strictly "off the table," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may be changing her tune.

The Democratic leader said Thursday that the House Judiciary Committee could be holding hearings on impeachment articles introduced by Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) sometime in the near future. After introducing 35 articles of impeachment against President Bush last month, Kucinich is planning to introduce another single article Thursday, accusing the president of misleading the country into war with Iraq.

Politico reports Kucinich's efforts may be paying off:

Pelosi has said previously that impeachment "was off the table," so her comments this morning were surprising, and clearly signaled a new willingness to entertain the idea of ousting Bush, although no one in the Democratic leadership believes that is likely since the president has only six months left in this term.

"This is a Judiciary Committee matter, and I believe we will see some attention being paid to it by the Judiciary Committee," Pelosi told reporters. "Not necessarily taking up the articles of impeachment because that would have to be approved on the floor, but to have some hearings on the subject."

Pelosi added: "My expectation is that there will be some review of that in the committee."
Kucinich has scheduled a press conference on Capitol Hill for 2 p.m. Thursday. RAW STORY will provide further details from there upon its conclusion.