PDA

View Full Version : Visibility 9-11 Welcomes 9/11 Truth Hunger Striker Blair Gadsby - Audio Inside

Gold9472
06-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Visibility 9-11 Welcomes 9/11 Truth Hunger Striker Blair Gadsby

http://libsyn.com/images/visibility911/hungry4truth.jpg

Audio
Click Here (http://media.libsyn.com/media/visibility911/visibility911_hungry4truth.mp3)

This week Visibility 9-11 (http://www.visibility911.com/) welcomes Blair Gadsey who is now in day 8 of his Hungry for Truth (http://www.hungry4truth.com/) street action outside of the Phoenix office of Republican Neo-Con boot lick and presidential candidate John McCain. Blair has repeatedly requested an audience with the Senator and has pledged to camp outside his office 17 hours a day and continue his hunger strike for as long as possible or until Mr. McCain agrees to meet with him. So far, Blair's efforts have been met upon with the deaf ears of Mr. McCain and the mainstream media establishment. Visibility 9-11 urges all listeners and interested parties to 1) Contact John McCain's Senatorial offices and tell them you want Mr. McCain to speak with Blair, and 2) Contact the local Phoenix media outlets as well as the national media representatives and urge them to DO THEIR JOB and cover this historic non-violent action for 9-11 truth. All contact info below.

JOHN MC CAIN SENATE CONTACTS (http://mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.OfficeLocations)

· Phoenix Office:

5353 North 16th Street
Suite 105
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Main: 602-952-2410
Fax: 602-952-8702

· Tempe Office:

4703 South Lakeshore Drive
Suite 1
Tempe, AZ 85282
Main: 480-897-6289
Fax: 480-897-8389

· Tucson Office:

407 West Congress Street
Suite 103
Tucson, AZ 85701
Main: 520-670-6334
Fax: 520-670-6637

· Washington Office:

241 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2235
Fax: 202-228-2862

PHOENIX AREA MEDIA CONTACTS
CBS 5 News invites you to become part of our Digital Team! Is there breaking news or weather happening in your neighborhood? Have you captured great video or pictures of storms, accidents or traffic jams using your cell phone? Your digital camera? We want to see them! E-mail your media to pictures@kpho.com.
HELPLINE - 602-650-5555.
NEWS
NEWS TIPS - 602-650-0711 OR cbs5news@kpho.com
CBS 5 NEWS STAFF
Email address for replying to Morning Show questions - morningnews@kpho.com
GENERAL NEWS COMMENTS - 5feedback@kpho.com
INVESTIGATION: 5i-TEAM - 5investigates@kpho.com. For your concerns of criminal or unregulated activities and investigative tips
GENERAL COMMENTS and FEEDBACK - 5feedback@kpho.com

KSAZ Phoenix FOX
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/ContactUs?pageId=5.11

KNXV ABC 15
News Department
e-mail: assignmentdesk@abc15.com
News Desk: 602.685.6397
News FAX: 602.685.6363

The Investigators
e-mail: investigators@abc15.com
Submit a tip to The Investigators

Programming Director
For questions concerning ABC15 TV programming
e-mail: programming@abc15.com

KPNX NBC 12
12 Main Phone Number
(602) 257-1212

12 News Phone Hotline
(602) 257-6630 or assignmentdesk@12news.com

Call 12 for Action
(602) 260-1212 or email Call 12 for Action

cbs5news@kpho.com, morningnews@kpho.com, 5feedback@kpho.com, 5investigates@kpho.com, 5feedback@kpho.com, assignmentdesk@abc15.com, investigators@abc15.com, programming@abc15.com, assignmentdesk@12news.com

Special thanks to metallus2 and baldfacelie for compiling this list of Phoenix media contacts.

Intermission music by Rasputina (http://www.rasputina.com/).
Ending music by Chris Jankoski (http://www.myspace.com/vantowers).

Gold9472
06-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Lawmaker asks McCain to talk with 9/11 theorists

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0604johnson0604.html

Matthew Benson
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 3, 2008 10:42 PM

An Arizona state senator is petitioning presumptive GOP presidential nominee John McCain to meet with 9/11 conspiracy theorists, including an adjunct professor from Scottsdale who has been fasting outside McCain's Phoenix office for more than a week.

State Sen. Karen Johnson, a Mesa Republican, delivered a letter to McCain's Senate office Tuesday asking that he sit down with Scottsdale activist Blair Gadsby and a pair of leading members of the 9/11 Truth Movement to consider alternative explanations for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. Gadsby's fast outside McCain's Senate office entered its 10th day today.

"There are so many questions left unanswered," said Johnson, who called for a new, independent investigation into the attacks. advertisement

She has previously been the focus of media attention for her vocal misgivings about the government account of 9/11. Again Tuesday, she said, "There's no explanation - no legitimate explanation - about why those towers and Building 7 came down."

WTC 7 was the third building to collapse at the complex, though it wasn't directly struck by either aircraft.

Gadsby said he'll maintain his office vigil until McCain pledges to sit down with him, Richard Gage, founder of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth, and Steven Jones, a physicist who claims to have done laboratory analysis and found evidence of explosives in the WTC rubble. Their conditions: a pledge of two hours with McCain, plus national media coverage.

Gadsby, an adjunct community college professor, said he's been told by McCain staffers that the senator is too busy to meet. The Republic had no luck Tuesday reaching representatives of either McCain's Senate office or presidential campaign. But he appears unsympathetic to 9/11 conspiracy theorists, and occasionally has sparred with them on the campaign trail over the past year.

He also wrote the foreword to a 2006 book titled Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up to the Facts. It was written by the editors of Popular Mechanics magazine.

"We cannot let these tales go unanswered," McCain wrote, saying that the "9/11 conspiracy movement exploits the public's anger and sadness" and "traffics in ugly, unfounded accusations of extraordinary evil against fellow Americans."

Well aware of McCain's earlier comments, Gadsby said it's his belief that the senator "has been deceived by these scientists" and the "whitewash" surrounding 9/11.

"I believe he has the character to do the right thing," continued Gadsby, who has lost 20 pounds during his fast on a diet of water and electrolytes.

Generally speaking, his theory for the 9/11 attacks involves a government-led inside job with the intent to provide an impetus for war in the Middle East. He and Johnson point to the possible use of controlled explosives planted prior to Sept. 11 to bring down the WTC towers, saying collisions with the airliners alone wouldn't have been sufficient.

"We need to know what happened on 9/11," Johnson wrote in her letter to McCain. "Nearly 3,000 Americans died that day, and we deserve to know the truth about what happened."

Az legislator wants McCain to hear Sept. 11 suspicions

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/breakingnews/87165.php

The Associated Press
6/4/2008

PHOENIX — An Arizona state legislator wants U.S. Sen. John McCain to give credence to suspicions that demolition explosives were planted in the World Trade Center and another building, causing their destruction on Sept. 11, 2001.

Republican Sen. Karen Johnson of Mesa urges McCain to meet with individuals who have concluded that impacts of hijacked jets and subsequent fires did not cause the buildings' destruction.

Johnson says in a letter to McCain she has spoken with the individuals and agrees with their conclusions.

A Senate aide to McCain did not immediately respond to requests for comment late Tuesday.

Gold9472
06-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Valley man on hunger strike, seeking answers about 9-11 attacks

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=857847

June 5th, 2008 @ 7:13am
by Colton Shone/KTAR

A Valley man is on a hunger strike. Blair Gladsby says he won't eat until he can sit down with Sen. John McCain and discuss the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

Gadsby is conducting his hunger strike in a lawn chair on the grassy knoll in front of McCain's Phoenix office.

"I'm willing to go the distance here. I'm willing to weaken and emaciate myself to make a point," he says, claiming there's been a cover-up about the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon.

Gladsby says he's lost 20 pounds, down to 130 pounds, since he began the hunger strike nearly two weeks ago.

Wednesday was a tough day.

"I believe today I'm the weakest I've been since I started... I feel like I have to stop talking because I'm winded."

The desire for food passes, he says.

"I'm hungry to know the truth about what happened on September 11th," says Gladsby. "That's the only hunger I have right now."

He's had to endure triple-digit temperatures, screaming drivers, even egg-throwing.

"I began my vigil, when I first started, at 5 a.m. and I went until 10 a.m.," he said. "That was going fine until three nights ago when a car went by and they heckled us. And then it kind of circled around and it came back and they threw eggs at us," he says.

Some McCain staff members came out of the office and offered to speak with him, Gladsby said, but he said he wants to speak to the Republican presidential nominee in person and is prepared for the long haul.

Gold9472
06-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Hungry for 'truth' about 9/11

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/0609hungerstrike0609NEW.html

Richard Ruelas
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 9, 2008 12:00 AM

Blair Gadsby, the 45-year-old former owner of an adult-care home and an adjunct professor of religious studies at a community college, never figured he would be the type of person to stage a hunger strike outside the Phoenix office of U.S. Sen. John McCain.

But about a year ago, Gadsby convinced himself that the U.S. government, not terrorists, demolished the World Trade Center buildings in New York on Sept. 11, 2001. And that belief has turned him into a fasting activist.

"I've never been politically active until the 9/11 subject came up," he said, sitting on a fabric folding chair last week along 16th Street, outside the complex that houses McCain's Phoenix office.

Gadsby's vigil on the sidewalk goes from sunrise to sunset. He holds up a sign that features a Canadian tabloid's front-page photo of a jet hitting one of the towers. Underneath is his count of the days he has been fasting. Today, it will be Day 15.

He has dropped 15 pounds. He feels weak by the end of the day. He has had eggs thrown at him by taunting motorists. His wife is not happy with him. He worries whether he'll lose his teaching job.

Still, once he locked in on the idea that the government planned the murder of thousands of its citizens, it became his overriding priority. He wondered why it wasn't getting more attention, so he got the idea to sacrifice himself for some attention.

"I felt we needed the coverage," Gadsby said. "We've just been ignored, if not downright suppressed."

In May 2007, Gadsby, who was already skeptical that terrorists caused the attacks, found a video online that showed the collapse of World Trade Center 7. He believes the government has ordered media outlets not to show the footage, which shows the building falling in on itself, much like a building does when it implodes.

The footage clinched it for Gadsby. He had to rethink all he had accepted about the terrorist attacks. He spent sleepless nights thinking about how the government planted explosions in Building 7 and then, most likely, the twin towers. Then, how they must have hired men to pilot the planes. And then ordered the media to cover it all up. And so on, and so on.

"It begins to snowball on you," Gadsby said.

He said he plans to go without food until McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee for president, agrees to meet with him. Last week, two McCain staffers offered to meet with him and get his information to the senator, but Gadsby refused. Gadsby, who was raised in Ottawa, Canada, and moved to Phoenix in 1992 to be in the sunshine, starts his day around 6 a.m. He wears a sweater to ward off the morning chill and sets up underneath the office complex sign that lists McCain's name.

Besides the sign he holds that marks the days of his fast, Gadsby has other signs he tapes to or leans against his chair.

Gadsby uses the restroom in the car wash across the street, buying a bottle of water every third time he goes, he said. He has handed out literature there and believes he has a few converts.

Other than that occasional trip, Gadsby sits. "I thought at first I'd have to bring books or something to read," he said, "but the days go by rather well, rather quickly."

Around midmorning, when the summer sun starts to heat up the sidewalk, Gadsby moves a few feet north to be shaded by the building that houses McCain's office. "What a difference, eh?" Gadsby says, after moving his chair to the shade and sprinkler-dampened grass.

A man getting on a bus across 16th Street shouts, "Get a life."

For a while, Gadsby's bid for attention got him just a few interviews with online radio hosts. But last week, state Sen. Karen Johnson, a Republican from Mesa, visited Gadsby and delivered a letter to McCain's office asking him to meet with Gadsby. That garnered coverage in The Republic, as well as a major news radio station and two television stations.

Gadsby was gratified.

"This is one of the few times that we at least got a hearing and weren't portrayed as bananas," he said.

It also helped him get out of the doghouse with his wife, who asked that her name not be included in this article. Gadsby said his wife, a nurse, did not want him to go on his hunger strike and was in tears when he returned home the first few nights.

Gadsby said his wife does not subscribe to all his theories, although she is open to the possibility that the whole story hasn't been told. Gadsby did his own research online and has developed his own narrative of the attacks: Hijackers hired by the government, and protected from police scrutiny by the FBI during their time in America, drove the planes into the World Trade Center towers, setting off explosives that had been planted months earlier, perhaps during elevator maintenance.

Some of Gadsby's theories, and those of the 9/11 Truth Movement, were looked into by Popular Mechanics in a 2005 article and a subsequent book. The magazine found that the theories had no merit and called them "poisonous."

"What we saw was that the errors and misrepresentations of the conspiracy movement were not simply innocent errors," said Jim Meigs, editor in chief of Popular Mechanics. "In many cases, they were very, very deliberate distortions."

Meigs asked McCain to write the forward to the book, and the senator agreed.

Gadsby clutched a copy of the magazine's book, Debunking 9/11 Myths, marked up with his own notes.

"I'm accusing Popular Mechanics as being part of the cover-up," he said.

On the cover, where McCain's name is mentioned as writing the forward, Gadsby had written a note theorizing that McCain was either lying or was lied to. He said he respects McCain, so he was clinging to the notion that the state's senior senator was lied to.

Gadsby knows it's a long shot that McCain will meet with him.

But Gadsby has no end date for his protest. Except he hopes that by August he could return to teaching religious studies at Chandler-Gilbert Community College.

He figured his fast would end with him passing out and being carted away by supporters.

"I won't do this again," he said. "I'll just say, 'I did my best.' "