PDA

View Full Version : Philly police beat shit out of suspects (video)

simuvac
05-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Some local news for you, Jon. See the video and story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/07/philadelphia-police-caugh_n_100569.html

Gold9472
05-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I know all about it.

simuvac
05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
According to local reports, is it what it looks like at a glance?

simuvac
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I should add: You have some local news that is... totally awesome (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=408414)!

Pens. Flyers. NHL conference final. Let's get it on!

Go Pens!

Gold9472
05-07-2008, 06:20 PM
GO FLY BOYS!!!

krsjuan87
05-08-2008, 12:41 AM
the police state is upon us

MrDark71
05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Those poor beaten citizens had just spent the earlier part of the eveing shooting up the streets hitting 3 innocent people .....while being survailed by the police mind you ....so they deserve every nightstick hit and every kick to the teeth they received. Fuck-em.

AuGmENTor
05-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Those poor beaten citizens had just spent the earlier part of the eveing shooting up the streets hitting 3 innocent people .....while being survailed by the police mind you ....so they deserve every nightstick hit and every kick to the teeth they received. Fuck-em.X2... That video is kinda out of context in that they didn't really give us the background. How many Philly cops have been fataly wounded this year? And how many more just shot and wounded? If I were a cop there I think I would be breaking skulls myself.
Hint: If you don't want to be profiled.... don't FIT the profile. Young black men that dress like thugs are given a profile for a REASON. Stop acting that way, and the stereotype will go away.

simuvac
05-12-2008, 11:10 AM
X2... That video is kinda out of context in that they didn't really give us the background. How many Philly cops have been fataly wounded this year? And how many more just shot and wounded? If I were a cop there I think I would be breaking skulls myself.
Hint: If you don't want to be profiled.... don't FIT the profile. Young black men that dress like thugs are given a profile for a REASON. Stop acting that way, and the stereotype will go away.

I know I'll sound like some kind of crazy idealist here, but I think the justice system should dole out the justice, not cops. They arrest people.

If cops don't want to get shot at, they should be librarians.

I agree there is no context here for that video, but I also don't think there is a right context for cops beating the shit out of "suspects".

AuGmENTor
05-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Point taken sir. Cops should not play judge, jury, and executioner. But I will make allowances for them being human and responding as such to a situation that is horseshit to start off with.

MrDark71
05-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Uhhh......you must not live in a city where "Stop Snitchin" is gospel. Or a city that due to uberbleedinghearts has a civilian review board. Maybe...just maybe..if the police had the power to "enforce the law" as they have been trained without interference some of these instances would be moot. If you make the cops useless ....then they cannot do their jobs. Let's not start discussing what exactly a cops job is .....and start discussing why a citizen has the right to argue or generally be a dick to said cops..even though the cops are NOT judge and jury. Mr.Nightsick has worked for thousands of years to persuade the citizen that he/she should just stfu and save it for the judge. It's a shame Mr.Nightstick has no voice anymore and has been replaced by Mr.Taser. People fear the Taser...not the cop.