PDA

View Full Version : Rove Taunted At University Of Iowa, Paid $40k To Speak

Gold9472
03-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Rove taunted at University of Iowa

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/10/rove-taunted-at-university-of-iowa/

(Gold9472: I have a problem with a war criminal making $40k on the circuit. I have a BIG problem with that.)

Posted: 05:30 PM ET

(CNN) — Former top Bush aide Karl Rove didn't get the friendliest of receptions at the University of Iowa Sunday, CNN affiliate KCRG reports.

Rove, who was paid $40,000 to speak at the University, was confronted with an at-times hostile crowd of 1,000, and was interrupted on several occasions.

At one point during the speech, Rove reportedly lashed out at some of the students, saying, "You got a chance to ask your questions later and make your stupid statements, let me make mine."

Police also were forced to remove two people after they tried to perform a citizen’s arrest on Rove for what they said were his crimes while a member of the Bush Administration.

At one point, a person asked Rove if he has ever shed a tear over the war in Iraq.

"I shed a lot of tears and I have been inspired by many of the people who feel their son or daughter should not have to die in vain," he replied.

Toward the end of the speech a member of the crowd yelled, "Can we have our $40,000 back?"

Rove replied, “No, you can't.”

Radio Iowa also reports one audience member told Rove that MSNBC's Keith Olbermann named him the "worst person ever."

"Ever?" Rove joked. "Yea, worse than Hitler, worse than Stalin, worse than Mao and worse than the person who introduced aluminum baseball bats."

Cameras were only allowed to film the beginning of the speech.

AuGmENTor
03-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh but I'll bet SOMEONE filmed it! How I'd love to see that bastard getting heckled!

Gold9472
03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh but I'll bet SOMEONE filmed it! How I'd love to see that bastard getting heckled!

Can't find it.