PDA

View Full Version : Searching For Truth Story Is Praised

Gold9472
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Searching For Truth Story Is Praised

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/waynepraised.jpg

I never thought I'd see the day. The newspaper (http://www.mainlinelife.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/SingleWeekly) received a lot of letters to the editor. All positive, and posted in today's newspaper.

Thanks to everybody that wrote in.

To the Editor:
I am taking time out of my day today to write you a personal thank you for allowing one of the most objective articles regarding 9/11 that I have read in a U.S. publication. The fair, unbiased approach to the article was a pleasant change from the hit-pieces and narrow dialogs typically seen in America.

It would be appear as though Mr. Cobb saw some "light" when preparing this article, and I hope he follows it, as I hope you, your staff, and those you care about take up this cause. It is truly the most important movement going on. Everything that has happened since 9/11 has used the official 9/11 explanation as justification for what would otherwise be considered unconstitutional, totalitarian actions.

Thank you again, sincerely, for your bravery and willingness to help change the hearts and minds of this country when it so desperately needs it.

Respectfully,

Don Shappelle

To the Editor:
I want to commend you for publishing Jeff Cobb's story "Searching for truth in Wayne." I picked up several copies when I saw the story on the front page.

"Truth in Wayne" contains important and relevant information that was presented in a fair and accurate manner -- attributes that are seemingly lacking in much of today's media. While it is true that much remains unknown about the events surrounding 9/11 there are many indisputable, well documented facts that directly contradict the conclusions of the 9/11 Commission (not the least of which is Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta's sworn testimony to the Commission that he was in the underground bunker with Dick Cheney following the plane that eventually crashed into the Pentagon from 50 miles out. Dick Cheney, in unsworn testimony, said he didn't go to the bunker until after the plane had crashed. The 9/11 Commission did not even address Mineta's testimony in the official report and just went with Cheney's version -- for example).

People like Jon and Betsy in the story have been fighting a tidal wave of bad press because they are asking questions and raising issue that a corporate-centric press and the "powers that be" would rather sweep under the rug. Having the courage to ask the questions and risk an ugly answer is the obligation of all Americans, because true facts are required in order to make meaningful and appropriate changes.

Thank you for printing this piece and thus showing the courage to ask the questions. I hope that we can expect more stories along these lines.

Eric Greenberg

To the Editor:
I received an e-mail of the article from Feb. 13's Main Line Life newspaper that reported about people who've been raising questions about the official line about Sept. 11, 2001. I think it was well written and given how easy it is to raise temperatures on this subject, I commend you for your journalistic courage and integrity.

Thank you,

Pat Westwater-Jong

To the Editor:
Thank you Jeff Cobb for having the integrity and honesty of a true journalist and American Patriot. If we had had more journalists covering the disturbing facts about the 9/11 attacks and the legitimate questions that one-third of our country and all of the surviving family members now have...

Based on those facts, well, I guess they probably wouldn't have even tried to get away with this. It's never too late. The survival of our Democratic Republic depends upon it.

Thank you,

Damon Bean

To the Editor:
What an amazing story Jeff Cobb has given us on the front page of this week's Main Line Life, "Searching for Truth in Wayne," Feb. 13. Mr. Cobb looks for stories of people making a difference in the community, and he certainly found one in the story of Betsy Metz and Jon Gold financing the showing of 9/11 Truth movies at the Wayne cinema Tuesday evenings this winter. The story is remarkable but told objectively, as Metz and Gold are also trying to do, focusing on "facts that cannot be disputed." Thank you for bringing this story to the attention of our community.

Jane Dugdale

To the Editor:
I found this article on the 9/11 Truth movies showing at the Wayne Theater of interest. While an element of this movement believes that 9/11 was an inside job conducted by the U.S. government, I cannot support that theory from what I have researched. What is more reasonable, and what was suggested by those promoting this movie, is that the U.S. government has not been totally forthcoming on the details involving 9/11 and how much intelligence was at hand, as well as how this atrocity that was committed by a small group of terrorists primarily from Saudi Arabia may well have been prevented.

For me, the most horrific aspect of 9/11 is not only the tragic loss of life, but how this terrorist attack was used to falsely justify the invasion of Iraq, which was a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, had no relationship to Al Qaeda, and had no weapons of mass destruction -- as we were falsely led to believe by our own government. This alone is reason enough to question the veracity of the 9/11 Commission Report.

More intriguing is how this all came about, and it started with the neoconservatives that the article mentioned. Neocons and their Project for a New American Century had actually written then President Clinton a letter that he invade Iraq again and finish the job that the first President Bush had not, and many of those who signed this letter were now in power in the second Bush administration -- Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz and Dick Cheney. The events of 9/11 became the perfect excuse for a pre-ordained agenda to invade Iraq on false pretense.

But why the lies regarding Iraq and WMDs to the American people, and why the need to attack a country that had nothing to do with 9/11? One needs to look no further than godfather of the neoconservative movement and the philosophies Leo Strauss, a professor at the University of Chicago, preached. Strauss believed in Plato's interpretation of the noble lie. Strauss taught his acolytes that they were the natural ruling elite and the persecuted few, and that the masses could not understand or accept the truth, providing for insistence on the need for secrecy and the necessity of lies by government. Furthermore, Strauss espoused promoting the American commercial model of liberal democracy around the globe because he believed American values are the best in the world, and that all other cultures and their values are inferior in comparison. If this provided the perpetual war, so be it. Strauss believed that if you demonstrate the need to spread democracy by creating unwarranted fear of evildoers, you could use democracy as a means to turn the masses against their own liberty, which he considered a great triumph.

Not surprisingly, the primary architects of the disinformation campaign to justify invading Iraq were students of Leo Strauss -- Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz and Abram Shulsky, who was Wolfowitz's chief gatherer of supposed intelligence on Iraq while heading the Pentagon's Office of Special Plans. The Patriot Act and its allowance for spying on American citizens along with the suspension of habeas-corpus are further examples of Americans trading their liberty for supposed security in fulfillment of the neocon agenda.

Andy Meyers

To the Editor:
Thank you for having the courage to print an article about the search for 9/11 truth. There has been almost a total media blackout on this topic, one which is so important to America. I have referred many to www.mainlinelife.com (http://www.mainlinelife.com).

Your article was fair and well researched, and is one of very few in the American press to delve into this issue. Well done!

Sheila Casey

Do you disagree with the searching for the truth letters? Let us know. tmurray@mainlinelife.com

PhilosophyGenius
02-21-2008, 03:57 AM
Man, that's awsome Hopefully all the positive messages will open the door for more articles like that.

Gold9472
02-21-2008, 08:39 AM
I don't know why, but I saved this instant message conversation with Betsy. This is when I first found out about this...

Jon: I'm literally shocked
Jon: SHOCKED
Betsy: By what?
Jon: Betsy
Betsy: ????????????????????
Jon: This is history.
Betsy: the ltrs?
Jon: History
Betsy: : ))

I told her I felt like I jumped a hurdle on my way to the finish line.

Gold9472
02-21-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.mainlinelife.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/SingleWeekly;jsessionid=yTgcH2QL9zvKMZtzyBpnMnD6p7 Pv43QVxHgtvv2PNQ1zS5Qv06Qz!-596657927?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_wk_article&r21.pgpath=%2FMAL%2FOpinion&r21.content=%2FMAL%2FOpinion%2FHeadlineList_Story_ 1624908