PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Bought Macromedia

Gold9472
05-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Adobe Bought Macromedia

Dear Macromedia customer,
As you probably know, Macromedia and Adobe are joining together to deliver solutions for our customers that make great digital experiences possible.

With complementary technology platforms, products, and customers, we are both focused on enabling the creation and delivery of compelling content and experiences across multiple operating systems, devices, and media. Most importantly, we share a common mission for the future: to help people and organizations communicate better.

By combining the passion and creativity of two leading-edge companies with the diversity and energy of our respective customers, we will drive innovations that will inspire you to improve the ways people everywhere are experiencing and interacting with information. We look forward to working with you, our customers, as we create the future together.

The companies anticipate completion of this transaction by the fall of this year. Although we are currently engaged in integration planning, we will remain and operate as independent entities until the acquisition is complete. Macromedia customers should continue to contact Macromedia sales and support for Macromedia products and solutions.

We invite you to learn more about the acquisition, and, as always, we welcome your feedback.

Regards,

Stephen Elop
CEO, Macromedia

(Gold9472: I'm REALLY looking forward to the products they're going to make)

pcteaser
05-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Macromedia makes Shockwave? Or am I thinking of something else?

Gold9472
05-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Macromedia makes Dreamweaver, Flash, Shockwave, Fireworks, and others...

Adobe makes Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere, and several others...

I can't wait. The best of both worlds coming together...