PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia McKinney Running For President?

Gold9472
10-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Former Congresswoman Considers Run for President on Green Party

http://newsblaze.com/story/20071004042616tsop.nb/newsblaze/TOPSTORY/Top-Stories.html

10/4/2007

Six-term U.S. Congresswoman from Georgia Cynthia McKinney - who may enter the 2008 California Presidential Primary on the Green Party ticket - will speak at a series of events throughout the Bay Area this week, according to "California Greens to Draft Cynthia McKinney in 2008."

McKinney has not yet made a commitment to run as a Green, or independent, but supporters say she is expected to make her final decision public this week.

McKinney will deliver a talk, "Confronting Empire," which covers the arrogance of the Bush regime, spinelessness of the Democratic Congress, plight of the under-represented and abused, corporate takeover of our military and our government and what Americans can do about it.

She is scheduled to speak Thursday in Oakland (9 p.m., Oakland Branch Library, 1801 Adeline), Friday in Berkeley, where "American Blackout" will be screened (6 p.m., Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, 1924 Cedar), and several yet-to-be-announces San Francisco spots Friday and Saturday. McKinney will also appear at "Impeach at the Beach #4" on Sunday, 11 a.m., with Cindy Sheehan and many others.

In the Georgia state primary in 2006, McKinney lost her Congressional seat to an opponent sponsored by a Democratic Party leadership outraged by her questioning of its policies. McKinney's last official act in the House of Representatives was to file Articles of Impeachment against George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Condoleeza Rice.

The recent documentary, "American Blackout", describes the 2004 election abuses conducted by the government, and shows McKinney confronting Donald Rumsfeld at an Armed Services Committee hearing.

Since the end of her last term in Congress, McKinney has been active in a wide variety of progressive causes and actions. She has spoken out forcefully about the stolen elections of 2000 and 2004, the Bush Administration cover-up of the facts of 9/11, the trillions of dollars missing at the Pentagon, the war in Iraq, U.S. pollution and forest clear-cutting, and human rights abuses by the U.S. at home and abroad.

werther
10-08-2007, 09:18 PM
she will easily get my vote away from Ron Paul or Kucinich.

AuGmENTor
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
But of course you do understand that there is not the slightest possibility of her becoming president, right? I mean, you don't seriously entertain the notion that you going in to the voting booth makes the slightest fucking difference as to who becomes president, do you? BruceLeeStyles posted an awsome video from the early eighties that kind of covers this topic.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=449294564876413449

werther
10-08-2007, 10:53 PM
I intend on watching that video in full, although as of right now have only watched about 10 minutes of it. That being said, if there is a 99.9% chance that you are correct and a .01% chance that you are wrong, I'll take it. It takes me 10 minutes out of my day to cast a vote, I'll take that chance.

AuGmENTor
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
I intend on watching that video in full, although as of right now have only watched about 10 minutes of it. That being said, if there is a 99.9% chance that you are correct and a .01% chance that you are wrong, I'll take it. It takes me 10 minutes out of my day to cast a vote, I'll take that chance.I didn't mean to come off like an asshole. Sorry if it sounded that way. I get pretty pissed off when I think about how UNfree this country has become. There is only an illusion of freedom these days.

werther
10-09-2007, 07:39 AM
We've been posting on this board for a while man, and I know exactly where you're coming from......usaully. What you wrote didn't seem like you were being an asshole, just being augmentor!

AuGmENTor
10-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Guilty as charged...

MrDark71
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Ummm...she did her own movie on the subject...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5965670944815984616&q=american+blackout&total=88&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

I'd like to say she's not wasting her time..but as Auggie put it ...we have a better chance of Sigfried and Roy taking the election.