PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Court Refuses To Arrest Bush

Gold9472
05-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Dutch court refuses to arrest Bush

May 05, 2005

A COURT in The Hague turned down a demand by a dozen plaintiffs who wanted to force the Dutch government to arrest US President George W Bush when he visits the Netherlands on Saturday.

The judgement was made public today.

Mr Bush will be in the south of the Netherlands this weekend to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II in Europe.

The left-wing organisations and activists, accused Mr Bush of "numerous grave violations of the Geneva Conventions".

They also said the president was responsible for the deaths of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq and Washington's refusal to recognise the International Criminal Court (ICC), the world's first permanent war crimes court.

In the judgement, dated yesterday, the court said that the case was political and that the demands "could have far-reaching consequences for US-Dutch relations".

Some 31 per cent of Dutch people are opposed to Mr Bush visiting the country with 66 per cent in favour, according to a poll by the Maurice de Hond Institute cited today in the Dutch media.

Some 46 per cent of those surveyed felt that the expected protests against Mr Bush im Amsterdam on Saturday and Maastricht on Sunday are "inappropriate" with 30 per cent in support and 24 per cent undecided.

WhiteGuySaysThis
05-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Them pussies.

911=inside job
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
hey i like the dutch!!!! you cant blame them... their whole country is half the size of CA... lol..

we have some law that says we can attack them if they ever try to do this... we want nothing to do with the ICC.. i wonder why...

somebigguy
05-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Its funny, every country that prick goes to wants to arrest him. Me thinks the whole damn world is on to him.

princesskittypoo
05-05-2005, 08:14 PM
I think if a third of your country doesn't want someone to visit they shouldn't come.

princesskittypoo
05-05-2005, 08:15 PM
hey i like the dutch!!!! you cant blame them... their whole country is half the size of CA... lol..

we have some law that says we can attack them if they ever try to do this... we want nothing to do with the ICC.. i wonder why...
most countries are smaller than the u.s. though.

danceyogamom
05-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Its funny, every country that prick goes to wants to arrest him. Me thinks the whole damn world is on to him.

makes you wonder what kind of voo-doo is happening in the US ...