PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 survivor: A FAKE!

werther
09-29-2007, 09:45 AM
article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=484313)

(unbelievable)

The faker of 9/11: Survivor in dramatic tale of escape from World Trade Centre 'made it all up'

By BARRY WIGMORE - More by this author » (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmsearch/overture.html?in_page_id=711&in_overture_ua=cat&in_start_number=0&in_restriction=byline&in_query=barry%20wigmore&in_name=on&in_order_by=relevance+date) Last updated at 07:48am on 28th September 2007 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/i/commentIconSm.gif Comments (4) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=484313&in_page_id=1#StartComments)

For six years, Tania Head symbolised the courage and determination of 9/11 survivors.

She told a dramatic story of how she was set ablaze when a plane smashed into the 78th floor of the World Trade Centre south tower as she waited for a business meeting.

It made her one of the chosen few, the 19 survivors who were at or above the floors where the planes hit. Another 2,974 people died as the towers collapsed - including her fiance.

Scroll down for more...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_04/taniahead_468x273.jpg9/11 'survivor' Tanya Head meets then New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani after the attacks on the World Trade Centre

Her account reduced many people to tears and inspired thousands more. At a memorial service last year she said: "What I witnessed there I will never forget. It was a lot of death and destruction, but I also saw hope."

Miss Head, 35, became president and a leading fundraiser of the World Trade Centre Survivors' Network, a charity set up to help victims, families and friends traumatised by the attacks. She gave guided tours of Ground Zero, vividly recounting her experiences.

But yesterday she was exposed as a fake.

The New York Times began to probe her background after she ducked out of three interviews to commemorate the sixth anniversary this month. Reporters who talked to people she had mentioned found none of them knew much about her.

As officials try to discover if she was actually anywhere near the World Trade Centre, even her name is now in doubt.

Until questions were asked, Miss Head had made a name for herself as a remarkable survivor. She had emotional meetings with senior politicians such as former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, current mayor Michael Bloomberg, and former state governor George Pataki.

Tour groups hung on every word of her accounts of the plane's impact and what followed. "The first thing you feel is a tremendous increase in pressure, all the air being sucked out of your lungs," she said recently.

"The next thing you feel is flying through the air."

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix//2006/06/twintowersR160606_228x444.jpgSmoke rages from one of the World Trade Centre's towers after the 9/11 attack

As she crawled through the chaos and carnage, she said, she encountered a dying man who handed her his inscribed wedding ring, which she later returned to his widow.

Her life was saved by Welles Crowther, a hero who used his jacket to smother her blazing clothes - and later died rescuing others.

She said she had the strength to make it down the stairs to safety because she kept thinking of the beautiful white dress she was to wear at her wedding to her fiance David.

But as she recovered in hospital she learned that David, a financier, had died in the north tower. They had just started living together after a Hawaiian holiday, she told people.

For years, no one questioned Miss Head's story. Welles Crowther's mother Alison, who met her several times, said: "I felt it was too private and painful to her to ask questions."

In fact, as reporters established, David never had a fiancÈe and never went to Hawaii, said his family and his flatmate.

Bankers Merrill Lynch, for whom Miss Head claimed to have worked, say they have never heard of her.

There is no suggestion Miss Head profited financially from her story. But the Survivors' Network has voted to remove her as president and she has been sacked as a tour guide.

There was no reply last night at her home in Manhattan, but she has insisted she has done nothing illegal and never claimed government compensation.

werther
09-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Digg comment:

Yeah, they can investigate this clown and dig through her underwear drawer to bust up her fifteen minutes of fame, but ask them to investigate larry silverstein

reply to digg comment:

Digging through her underwear might take years...

dMole
09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Tour groups hung on every word of her accounts of the plane's impact and what followed. "The first thing you feel is a tremendous increase in pressure, all the air being sucked out of your lungs," she said recently.

Ummm, I'm pretty certain that "sucked out" is a vacuum, or LOW pressure effect by definition- the pressure is either high or low- can't be both. Plus my personal experience skydiving, motorcycle racing, and scuba diving make me want to call bullshit on this whole paragraph IMHO.

AuGmENTor
09-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Digg comment:

reply to digg comment:Dood, I almost shit myself when I saw this! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHH AH! Seriously, if she is a fraud, could you blame her? What a moose. A person like that would NEED to tie themselves to something that big. What else is there besides mallomars?

dMole
10-01-2007, 01:30 AM
She and Ghouliani look pretty chummy- same sappy smile 'n such. Has he picked a running mate for the 2008 "Selection??"

The DC Spinmeisters would have fun with this slogan and the whole Clinton Zippergate thing, I'm sure..

I and my family had a traumatic "big underwear" experience in Granby, CO once- they might have even been Ms. Heads... [silently shuddering....]

AuGmENTor
10-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Dood, you should never talk about those things. Fat women are like mopeds. Lots of fun until your friends see you riding it.

dMole
10-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Thank god they were empty when my brother-in-law found them!! These fuckers were big enough to put on a not-so-compact car though! [still shuddering....]

My ex-Navy step-brother tells of winning the "hogging" a few times though.... Ughhhh!