PDA

View Full Version : Greenspan: "...iraq war for oil"

werther
09-17-2007, 12:26 PM
article (http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Greenspan_Lefty_bloggers_totally_unfair_with_0917. html)

Ok, I am sure everybody has read or heard what Greenspan wrote about the Iraq war in his new book, and if not:

"I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil," Greenspan wrote in his soon-to-be-published memoir, The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World.

In the article above he states that the quote is taken out of context. He says that:

"Saddam Hussein was obviously seeking to get a choke hold on the Straits of Hormuz, where about 18 million barrels a day flow from the Middle East to the industrial world. Had he been able to get hold of a nuclear weapon and indeed move through Kuwait and into Saudi Arabia and control the Straits of Hormuz, it would have caused chaos in the international --"

Does anybody else see the circular-reasoning going on here?

THERE WERE NO FUCKING WMD!!!

There is no evidence that he was seeking Nuclear weapons, nor any evidence of a nuclear program.

"Saddam Hussein was obviously seeking to get a choke hold on the Straits of Hormuz"

Obviously? This is fucking news to me!

Of course I am not suprised that Matt Lauer, the douchebag interviewing Greenspan, did not call him on this. Unbelievable.

/rant

Gold9472
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16817

Gold9472
09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
The funny thing is, even though Gates denied it, Bush himself alluded to it at one time...

''If Zarqawi and [Osama] bin Laden gain control of Iraq, they would create a new training ground for future terrorist attacks," Bush said. ''They'd seize oil fields to fund their ambitions. They could recruit more terrorists by claiming a historic victory over the United States and our coalition."

werther
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I should have guessed that you guys already posted about this .....can the threads be merged?

AuGmENTor
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Know what pisses me off about this? That the cock-bag couldn't do it while he had his position. Cause he KNEW he'd be out on his ASS if he did this then...