PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers Need Professional Help, Not Publicity - Video Inside

Gold9472
09-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers need professional help, not publicity

http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Bill_Maher_Thinks_911_Truthers_should_0915.html

(Gold9472: Isn't it amazing? What one thing does he attack us with? Do you think there's a reason for that? Is it because it's EASY to make us look like fools with the mention of Controlled Demolition? YES, it is. The "movement" had better grow up, and grow up fast. Does the "movement" want the truth about whether or not Controlled Demolition took place at the towers and WTC7, or does the "movement" want the truth about what happened on 9/11, and hold ANYONE AND EVERYONE RESPONSIBLE, accountable? Repeating the same mistakes, and expecting different results is the definition for insanity.)

Mike Aivaz
Published: Saturday September 15, 2007

Bill Maher takes a jab at the 9/11 Truth movement in a recent "New Rules" segment.

"Crazy people who still think the government brought down the Twin Towers in a controlled explosion have to stop pretending that I'm the one who's being naive," says Maher.

How big a lunatic do you have to be to watch two giant airliners packed with jet fuel slam into buildings on live TV, igniting a massive inferno that burned for two hours, and then think 'Well, if you believe that was the cause...'

Stop asking me to raise this ridiculous topic on the show and start asking your doctor if Paxil is right for you."

The following video is from HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher, broadcast on September 14, 2007:

Video At Source

AuGmENTor
09-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, I will always think there was something "fishy" about the collapse. Having said that, it is unlikely we will ever be able to prove this one way or another due to the control of the crime scene by the people responsible. I agree with Jon, stick to the things that could be PROVEN, and result in convictions and or executions.

BASE701
09-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I won't apologise for believing the buildings were brought down with explosives. I think the evidence is undeniable. That being said, the unanswered questions that the Jersey girls bring up are probably easier to take for the average joe.

simuvac
09-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Maher's knee-jerk hatred for Arabs and Muslims kinda bugs me. He says he hates all religions, but when it comes to terrorism he doesn't have any sense of perspective and tends to single out Islam.

The program with Mos Def on it was priceless. Mos Def had the best line of the night when he told Maher that where he comes from, if people want to hurt you they just do it; they don't send videos saying, "Yo man, I'm gonna fuck you up" (referring, of course, to the Bin Laden videos).

Gold9472
09-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Something I wrote on truthmove.org's forum...

Can someone please explain briefly what happened this weekend? I only went Sunday to support the families (Bob McIlvaine), and responders. Aside from the Tarpley accusations. I've been glancing at the comments, and admittedly, I don't know what to do anymore. The "movement" seems to have been "hijacked" as it were. Some days I feel like throwing in the towel. I know there are some people out there doing some good, but I am having such a hard time trusting ANYONE in this "movement." It used to be about supporting the 9/11 families, supporting the 9/11 first responders, asking questions, and demanding answers. There used to be an unspoken "rule" that you promote the best information possible, and do your very best not to come across as "crazy."

Now it's WTC7 24/6.5 leaving a half day for everything else having to do with 9/11 (and if it doesn't coincide with CD, you are chastised/ridiculed/attacked), and a touch of fear mongering (OMG... "false flag attack imminent.") I know people are tired of hearing this from me, but this is not the "Controlled Demolition Movement." Whether it took place or not (I don't know), the idea to a lot of people still comes across as "crazy" yet it's the first thing being promoted now by 99% of the "movement." I feel like to even participate, you have to believe that the towers, and building 7 were brought down by Controlled Demolition. Otherwise, you are considered "disinfo."

I remember back in the day when I first "joined" this "movement" officially. I think it was June 2004 when I saw 9/11 CitizensWatch.org on C-SPAN. I had already spent a good year 1/2 or so researching, contacting the media, contacting my congressmen, and was ready to do my part. I saw how they presented themselves, and thought, "these people don't look crazy, and they have legitimate questions." When I saw Cynthia McKinney chairing the 9/11 Omission Hearings (which didn't even mention CD), I thought, "jeez... this is the real deal." When Bob McIlvaine cried on stage during those hearings, I lost it. I balled my eyes out. Every time I watch him speak, I get welled up. When Jenna Orkin talked about the "equivalent to that of liquid drano", my heart dropped. When I attended the People's Commission in D.C. I was so damned proud of everyone in that room that attended.

I felt like I was apart of something "special" back then. I knew I was doing the right thing. Now, I still feel like I'm doing the right thing, but the "value" of what I'm doing seems insignificant when drowned out by the "static" that is currently the message of the "movement."

Maybe I need a break.

Gold9472
09-15-2007, 09:41 PM
16 hours a day for the last 3 1/2 years... I do need a break.

AuGmENTor
09-15-2007, 10:19 PM
What kind of feedback did you get on that post?

Gold9472
09-15-2007, 10:28 PM
None so far.

Gold9472
09-16-2007, 10:08 AM
The troof is out there
The rise of the troofer is evidence of our continuing fascination with conspiracy theories - why?

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/conor_foley/2007/09/the_troof_is_out_there.html

Conor Foley
September 16, 2007 2:00 PM | Printable version

What is about conspiracy theories that fascinate us so much? A few days ago Peter Tatchell wrote a piece for Cif about the problems surrounding the 9/11 Commission, which contained a fatal reference to "the unexplained collapse of the 47-storey World Trade Centre building 7". Over 700 people rushed to respond, a record that George Monbiot had previously surpassed when he explicitly rejected conspiracy theories surrounding the attack. A few weeks before this, Robert Fisk declared himself "increasingly troubled at the inconsistencies in the official narrative of 9/11", sparking off a flurry of rebuttals which reminded us of where the phrase "fisking" comes from.

I had my own minor run-in with the "troofers" when I wrote a piece in which I mentioned conflicting claims about an Israeli military attack on two Red Cross ambulances during the conflict in Lebanon. Coincidentally, this appeared the day after the Israel Defence Force stated saying that the ambulances could indeed have been hit by something fired by them. I wrote a follow-up piece, which covered this report and also the findings of the Guardian and Human Rights Watch investigations into the incidents. I was genuinely amazed at the response I received.

The problem with debating "troofers" is that you have to be prepared to work through many levels of assertion and rebuttal. First they will point to some inconsistencies in the reporting of the initial incidents. Then they will raise some technical issues to "prove" that the official account cannot be true: at what temperature does steel melt, for example, or what does a vehicle look like after it has been hit by various types of ordinance? After you have dealt with these, they come back with the killer, "people are lying to us" theory, which it is almost impossible to refute since, by believing the official explanation, you have, by definition, become part of the conspiracy.

Not all troofers are mad, but there is a point at which it is no longer worthwhile debating with them. This might be summarised as when you get to the "so what?" question in the debate. Often this coincides with ad hominem accusations where the person who is pointing out some logical inconsistencies in the conspiracy theory is imputed to be, therefore, an agent of the forces of evil in the troofers' imagination.

Identifying this point is actually quite difficult because one of the things that make us all a bit susceptible to conspiracy theories is that they underpin a large amount of mainstream debates.

As Seumas Milne has noted, some critics of Naomi Klein's new book immediately threw the conspiracy theory charge at her disaster capitalism thesis. Green activists like George Monbiot have faced similar treatment for exposing the links between politicians and big business. Indeed, from Adam Smith to Karl Marx, every attempt to find some causal explanation for major economic and political developments could be rebutted by those who maintain "stuff just happens".

Most people believe that politicians regularly lie to us and have little difficulty believing that this could include lies about important things such as the invasion of Iraq. However, it takes more than a couple of logical steps to get from here to believing that US government blew up the Twin Towers itself and then faked the rest of the evidence to frame Osama Bin Laden. In fact the process would bear some comparisons to a religious conversion. A truth has been revealed to the believer which dramatically changes their worldview and forces a reconsideration of some of their most basic other beliefs and assumptions. The desire to "convert" those around them must be overwhelming.

Most of us remain fairly agnostic about many conspiracy theories. I would not be particularly surprised if some of the stories about the Kremlin's manipulation of some of the protagonists in Chechnya's conflict turned out to be true. I think that all sides use propaganda during conflicts and never automatically dismiss allegations of dirty tricks by various security forces.

When I was working at Liberty I was once taken for lunch by MI5's legal officer (which is a longer story in itself) and I quizzed him about some of the prevalent conspiracy theories of the time. I had just finished reading Seumas Milne's book on the miners' strike, which alleged that the story of "Gaddafi's gold" may have been a piece of black propaganda by the spooks. He denied this, while half-conceding that the possibility of planting a mole within the leadership of the National Union of Miners at the time was not that far-fetched.

I tend to agree with Milne's view that automatic deference to the cock-up rather than the conspiracy view of history can sometimes be a lazy evasion. However, I also agree with Monbiot that conspiracy theories can be a displacement activity. Why bother arguing about the rights and wrongs of US foreign policy, if you think 9/11 was an inside job? Why bother responding to criticisms of Israel's human rights record if you can dismiss its critics as habitual liars or dupes?

This seems to me to be what distinguishes sceptics from troofers. Sceptics should probe for "inconsistencies in the official narrative", but then apply a "balance of probabilities" test with the alternative explanations on offer. Troofers demand "proof beyond all reasonable doubt" because they already have another view fixed in their minds. Most of us already know the telltale signs when someone tells us that they are "increasingly troubled by some of the details about how many people actually died in the Holocaust" and shut the conversation down immediately. I think that we probably need to start treating 9/11 conspiracy theorists in a similar way.

psikeyhackr
09-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Most people don't want to believe it was a government conspiracy and most people can't handle physics that is even slightly complicated so why do truthers never break it down to something simple?

Try comparing the south tower to a frozen turkey.

The south tower collapsed after 56 minutes.

What things are involved in cooking a frozen turkey.

Time, temperature and SIZE OF THE TURKEY

Doesn't it take longer to cook a 20 lb than a 10 lb turkey.

So we have 56 minutes for the south tower. There are disputes about the temperature but even if the temperature was high enough to weaken steel it would take TIME for the core temperature of the steel to rise. But why don't we know the quantity of steel on the 80th floor, and 79th and 81st?

Shouldn't we have been told the quantity of steel and concrete on every level of the building by now? Why aren't truthers and structural engineers demanding this information? It has been 6 years. The buildings were designed in the 60's. We should have had that info in 6 weeks.

psik

simuvac
09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
16 hours a day for the last 3 1/2 years... I do need a break.

Maybe step away from posting in several 9/11 forums and focus on just one? You can't be enagaged in multiple conversations simultaneously for several years. That will take its toll.

The "movement," whatever it actually is at this moment, is many things to many people, but it doesn't have an anchor in the power establishment, which makes it difficult to foresee any kind of meaningful action in the near future. I suspect many in the movement are college kids who are fascinated by what they perceive as the Rosetta stone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_stone) that explains their generalized sense of impotence in the world. For many of these kids, there is an obvious fascination with putting their countercultural impulses into a pop culture form (witness the films of We Are Change, which almost seem more interested in the cool factor of putting hip hop tracks to images of the towers exploding than in anything else). Yes, they are raising a fuss, but what is the lasting impact?

I suspect the conscientious and informed members of 9/11 Truth such as yourself are fewer in number. This may be the source of your exhaustion. You know about 9/11 more than most people, more than most authors on the subject. Your sense of injustice is probably heightened as a result. It's a heavy burden to carry, though of course not as heavy as the illnesses of the first responders.

I often wonder, What form of justice is possible for the 9/11 Truth Movement? Is another investigation possible? Or should we just hope for better funding and care for the first responders? Naturally, we strive for both. But what is most likely to happen here? I'm not sure. The ruling order has too much invested in the byproducts of 9/11 (more money, power, control for them), to want to do anything about the official story.

There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death.

You do a lot for this movement, Jon. Don't burn yourself out because you can't do everything. No one can. Sometimes bullshit not only happens, but it keeps happening for a long time and good people get snowed under by it.

AuGmENTor
09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Most people don't want to believe it was a government conspiracy and most people can't handle physics that is even slightly complicated so why do truthers never break it down to something simple?

Try comparing the south tower to a frozen turkey.

The south tower collapsed after 56 minutes.

What things are involved in cooking a frozen turkey.

Time, temperature and SIZE OF THE TURKEY

Doesn't it take longer to cook a 20 lb than a 10 lb turkey.

So we have 56 minutes for the south tower. There are disputes about the temperature but even if the temperature was high enough to weaken steel it would take TIME for the core temperature of the steel to rise. But why don't we know the quantity of steel on the 80th floor, and 79th and 81st?

Shouldn't we have been told the quantity of steel and concrete on every level of the building by now? Why aren't truthers and structural engineers demanding this information? It has been 6 years. The buildings were designed in the 60's. We should have had that info in 6 weeks.

Nice of you to stop by just to shovel some of the controlled demolition shit we have been trying to avoid.

psikeyhackr
09-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Nice of you to stop by just to shovel some of the controlled demolition shit we have been trying to avoid.I did not say ANYTHING about a controlled demolition.

Are time, temperature and tons of steel too complicated for you?

psik

AuGmENTor
09-16-2007, 03:05 PM
semantics young man... Nothing but.

MrDark71
09-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Does the turkey have an external pod or not? ...cause then..like stuffing...it would need some more time.

AuGmENTor
09-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Does the turkey have an external pod or not? ...cause then..like stuffing...it would need some more time.ROFLMAO! Bout time we got a good one outta you Dark!

psikeyhackr
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
semantics young man... Nothing but.No, I think it's called being a moron.

The laws of physics don't care about Islam, Republicans, or human motivations or humans that are too stupid to handle physics.

And young I'm not. I built my first computer in 1978 when I started working for IBM.

psik

Gold9472
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Maybe step away from posting in several 9/11 forums and focus on just one? You can't be enagaged in multiple conversations simultaneously for several years. That will take its toll.

The "movement," whatever it actually is at this moment, is many things to many people, but it doesn't have an anchor in the power establishment, which makes it difficult to foresee any kind of meaningful action in the near future. I suspect many in the movement are college kids who are fascinated by what they perceive as the Rosetta stone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_stone) that explains their generalized sense of impotence in the world. For many of these kids, there is an obvious fascination with putting their countercultural impulses into a pop culture form (witness the films of We Are Change, which almost seem more interested in the cool factor of putting hip hop tracks to images of the towers exploding than in anything else). Yes, they are raising a fuss, but what is the lasting impact?

I suspect the conscientious and informed members of 9/11 Truth such as yourself are fewer in number. This may be the source of your exhaustion. You know about 9/11 more than most people, more than most authors on the subject. Your sense of injustice is probably heightened as a result. It's a heavy burden to carry, though of course not as heavy as the illnesses of the first responders.

I often wonder, What form of justice is possible for the 9/11 Truth Movement? Is another investigation possible? Or should we just hope for better funding and care for the first responders? Naturally, we strive for both. But what is most likely to happen here? I'm not sure. The ruling order has too much invested in the byproducts of 9/11 (more money, power, control for them), to want to do anything about the official story.

There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death.

You do a lot for this movement, Jon. Don't burn yourself out because you can't do everything. No one can. Sometimes bullshit not only happens, but it keeps happening for a long time and good people get snowed under by it.

Thanks.

Gold9472
09-16-2007, 05:36 PM
No, I think it's called being a moron.

The laws of physics don't care about Islam, Republicans, or human motivations or humans that are too stupid to handle physics.

And young I'm not. I built my first computer in 1978 when I started working for IBM.

psik

C'mon guys. No need for name calling. psikeyhackr, you can talk about Controlled Demolition all you want, but understand this... most of the people that frequent this board are more interested in other things, and think that Controlled Demolition, although possible, is not the end all/be all of 9/11.

psikeyhackr
09-16-2007, 06:15 PM
psikeyhackr, you can talk about Controlled Demolition all you want

My point is I am not talking about Controlled Demolition. I am talking about the effects of a 200 ton mass on a 500,000 ton vertical structure and what it cannot possibly do that structure. But to do the analysis properly you need to know the distribution of steel and concrete.

A second factor is the quantity of steel at the point of impact. If there were 900 tons of steel on the 3 floors where the plane hit the south tower shouldn't it take longer than 56 minutes to weaken? A lot longer?

What people think caused it if they understand that the planes could not is no concern of mine. But we should have had the tons of steel and tons of concret on each floor information within 6 weeks of 9/11.

I am tired of this sh!t dragging on and on and.... I usually like watching Bill Maher but he pissed me off with that crap.

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/north_tower/nt_frame3.jpg

Is that plane so huge compared to the building it supposdly leveled?

Then how did the Hiroshima Memorial withstand an A-bomb detonation?

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/virtual/img/irei_img/tour_38.jpg

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/abomb_dome_hiroshima.htm

psik

AuGmENTor
09-16-2007, 09:54 PM
My point is I am not talking about Controlled Demolition. I am talking about the effects of a 200 ton mass on a 500,000 ton vertical structure and what it cannot possibly do that structure. But to do the analysis properly you need to know the distribution of steel and concrete.

A second factor is the quantity of steel at the point of impact. If there were 900 tons of steel on the 3 floors where the plane hit the south tower shouldn't it take longer than 56 minutes to weaken? A lot longer?

What people think caused it if they understand that the planes could not is no concern of mine. But we should have had the tons of steel and tons of concret on each floor information within 6 weeks of 9/11.

I am tired of this sh!t dragging on and on and.... I usually like watching Bill Maher but he pissed me off with that crap.

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/north_tower/nt_frame3.jpg

Is that plane so huge compared to the building it supposdly leveled?

Then how did the Hiroshima Memorial withstand an A-bomb detonation?

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/virtual/img/irei_img/tour_38.jpg

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/abomb_dome_hiroshima.htm

psik It's the funniest fuckin thing.... If you aren't talking about CD, then what ARE you talking about? I don't know you. But if you call me another name, I'll make sure it is your swan song. I will not say I have never called someone a name in here, but it was always a reply to having been called one. Now, do you care to explain what you are talking about, sans insults? To me, it doesn't matter if the structural steel, concrete was turned into silly putty by space beams. I don't need to know the root cause of the collapses to know there was a cover-up. You were fgone for a while, maybe you want to see where things have gone here. There are forums that will be happy to have a guy like you!

AuGmENTor
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death. In my opinion, nope. Look at the protest this very weekend... 5000 people. What the hell is THAT gonna do? And look how many years this war has dragged on! Look at the CRIMES, yes CRIMES being committed by our government every DAY. There is no acountability as they spend your money with impunity! I wonder if theywere sitting in there drinking champaign and laughing at the people getting arrested for protesting their beliefs. This is not America any more.

AuGmENTor
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Life, Liberty, and The Persuit of Happiness.... Legal Disclaimer: Don't talk on your cell phone while driving, wear your seatbelt, pay your illegal taxes, don't do drugs (except for alcohol and nicotene which combined are resposible for three times the deaths cause by illegal drugs each year. They keep our medical system afloat). Half of the shit this country was founded on is right down the shitter, and for the most part people don't care. And those of who DO care can't get our heads out of our asses because then we have all these other people who want to fixate on HOW the fucking buildings came down? Whata way to stall the movement!

psikeyhackr
09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
If you aren't talking about CD, then what ARE you talking about?Already answered.
I don't know you.I'm not here to get to know people. Just dealing with this subject. It's a simple physics problem that should have been solved in 6 months. But the steel getting shipped out of the country certainly puts a crimp in it.

psik

Gold9472
09-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Bill Maher's Opinion Is Naïve About 9/11

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sheldon-drobny/bill-mahers-opinion-is-n_b_64742.html

Sheldon Drobny
Posted September 17, 2007 | 04:28 PM (EST)

I think that Bill Maher is the most talented political pundit of this generation. Since he decided to exclude the right wing nuts from his show, he speaks with much greater credibility. However, his last show was disappointing to me when he essentially marginalized anyone who has doubts about the official 9/11 story. By focusing only upon the controlled demolition theory of the Twin Towers, he excluded a more viable discussion of the collapse of building # 7 that was not hit by anything but the debris from towers 1 and 2. He further criticized those who have other doubts about the official story by intimating that it is ridiculous to believe that our government would attack its own people.

The flaw in that argument is the belief by Maher and other critics that it is absurd to believe that the U.S. Government would attack itself. Those of us who doubt the official story are suggesting that those in high positions in government may have had the motive and opportunity to allow this attack to succeed. This would make it a renegade operation by those in government, not "the U.S. Government." Most of what is done in the name of our government has been hidden from the public since WW II. There are numerous CIA operations in the past 60 years that have been done in the name of our government without the consent of the people.

There are so many failures that took place simultaneously on 9/11 that it is almost an insult to our intelligence to believe that there is no need for further investigation. I agree that government in this administration has been incompetent. However, the unexplained failure of our air defense system and our intelligence agencies goes way beyond incompetence given all that was known by those in government shortly before the event. To use the controlled demolition theory as the sole excuse to argue that those who question the official 9/11 story are in need of Paxil is an insult to those who really want explanations and not just official government self-serving propaganda. And Bill Maher should know better. I would like Maher to explain the other tangible inconsistencies about 9/11 instead of focusing on the controlled demolition theory.

MrDark71
09-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Bill cow tows now...he has for the last two seasons