PDA

View Full Version : Improved DNA Tests Identify Remains Of 9/11 Victim

Gold9472
09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Improved DNA tests identify remains of 9/11 victim

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/09/13/2007-09-13_improved_dna_tests_identify_remains_of_9.html

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Thursday, September 13th 2007, 6:33 PM

A new round of DNA testing on bone fragments recovered from the World Trade Center site has identified the remains of a 34-year-old woman who was on the airplane that crashed into the north tower on September 11th.

Laura Lee Morabito's remains were found in the initial recovery effort but could not be linked to her by the DNA technology used at the time, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the city's medical examiner.

The medical examiner's office now is working with the Bode Technology Group, a Lorton, Virginia-based DNA testing laboratory that has patented a new methodology of DNA extraction. The new system requires much less sample material than was required just five years ago.

Morabito, as a national sales manager for Qantas Airways, sometimes did double-duty as a member of a quintet that sang as a sales gimmick for the airline. The Framingham, Massachusetts resident and four other women performed wearing poodle skirts and beehive hairdos. She was on a business trip on September 11th to Los Angeles, one that had been rescheduled twice before she boarded American Airlines Flight 11.

Morabito's husband, Mark Morabito, has said she cared for him for almost a year when he was recovering from severe injuries sustained in an accident.

Of the 2,750 people who died at the World Trade Center, the remains of more than 1,100 have yet to be found.

More than 20,000 human fragments recovered around the 16-acre lower Manhattan site have been entered into a database of DNA profiles of the victims in hopes some may yet be identified.

Gold9472
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Definitely fake (shoot me).

AuGmENTor
09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Definitely fake (shoot me).?

Gold9472
09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm referring to the individuals that promote the idea that no planes struck the WTC. That is what they would say.