PDA

View Full Version : Texas Web site wants to let users click mouse to kill game

Uber Commandante
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
California acts to ban online hunts
Texas Web site wants to let users click mouse to kill game

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:43 a.m. ET May 4, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Wildlife regulators in California took the first step Tuesday to bar hunters in the state from using the Internet to shoot animals, responding to a Texas Web site that planned to let users fire at real game with the click of a mouse.

The Fish and Game Commission ordered wildlife officials to prepare emergency regulations to ban the practice. A period of public comment will follow.

“We don’t think Californians should be able to hunt sitting at their computers at home,” said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game.

A bill passed by the state Senate two weeks ago would prohibit use of computer-assisted hunting sites and ban the import or export of any animal killed using computer-assisted hunting. The measure now moves to the state Assembly.

At least 14 other states and Congress are considering similar bills.

Groups including the California Sportsmen’s Association, Safari Club International and the Outdoor Sportsman’s Coalition of California support the ban, saying hunting over the Internet is unethical and unsporting.

Supporters have suggested the remote hunting could be beneficial for hunters with disabilities and questioned why Californians should be barred from patronizing a legitimate Texas business.

Can the Human Virus be any more pathetic? (editorial note by UC)

Uber Commandante
05-04-2005, 10:19 AM
This is right up there with 'canned hunting', where the "hunter" purchases an exotic, but domesticated animal (like overflow from a zoo, or one of those weirdos who keeps 5 tigers in his NYC apartment), and then opens the cage door and then shoots them.

Here's an example to start your morning off right: parts 1 and 2

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/movies/CannedHunts/0MovieClipCannedHuntLioness4.htm

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/movies/CannedHunts/0MovieClipCannedHuntLioness5.htm

Gold9472
05-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Pretty soon, we'll be wiping our asses with our computer.

pcteaser
05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
California acts to ban online hunts
Texas Web site wants to let users click mouse to kill game

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:43 a.m. ET May 4, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Wildlife regulators in California took the first step Tuesday to bar hunters in the state from using the Internet to shoot animals, responding to a Texas Web site that planned to let users fire at real game with the click of a mouse.

The Fish and Game Commission ordered wildlife officials to prepare emergency regulations to ban the practice. A period of public comment will follow.

“We don’t think Californians should be able to hunt sitting at their computers at home,” said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game.

A bill passed by the state Senate two weeks ago would prohibit use of computer-assisted hunting sites and ban the import or export of any animal killed using computer-assisted hunting. The measure now moves to the state Assembly.

At least 14 other states and Congress are considering similar bills.

Groups including the California Sportsmen’s Association, Safari Club International and the Outdoor Sportsman’s Coalition of California support the ban, saying hunting over the Internet is unethical and unsporting.

Supporters have suggested the remote hunting could be beneficial for hunters with disabilities and questioned why Californians should be barred from patronizing a legitimate Texas business.

Can the Human Virus be any more pathetic? (editorial note by UC)

Remote hunting could be beneficial for hunters with disabilities? This is a joke right? I don't even agree with hunting to begin with. And killing with a click of a mouse has to be one of the most cowardly and outrageous things I've ever heard of.

somebigguy
05-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Cowardly is right. Hunters are the biggest cowards out there. I was listening to a loud mouth hunter bragging about shooting a deer, and he made the statement that if any of the animals started shooting back, he'd be out of there.

I made the snide comment to him that as soon as it was a fair fight, he would turn tail and run. He had no real response to that, since he knew it was true.

911=inside job
05-04-2005, 06:19 PM
sbg dont you guys have a problem with people killing seals up there???

fuck i hate retards....

911=inside job
05-04-2005, 06:19 PM
hunters are pussies!!!!!

somebigguy
05-04-2005, 09:13 PM

fuck i hate retards....
Fuckin right I do... Assholes are everywhere. That's why I'm vegan and have a houseful of animals.

Ophie
05-07-2005, 03:23 PM

fuck i hate retards....
I haven't run into a Canadian yet who didn't have a problem with it.

somebigguy
05-07-2005, 05:54 PM
I haven't run into a Canadian yet who didn't have a problem with it.
Yep and then people give us shit for allowing the seal hunt. Then they go eat a steak and think nothings wrong with it.

princesskittypoo
05-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I saw something about this a while back on tv. (cause i am illiterate and can't read) they had a quadraplegic demonstrating it. he use to be a hunter and had an accident and could only lay in bed. had to have help doing everything. they put a remote in his mouth and he showed them how hard it was for them to even hunt by computer. i figured that yes i don't like hunting, killing animals. yes they could make something better for a quadraplegic to pass his time with other than killing by computer.... but to see the look in his eye that he could do something. that he still has something that he can look forward to was awsome. can't they make some sort of non-lethal game for guys like him to do. like remote paintball shooting for him? and like real people could be the targets? they can even wear masks... shoot paintballs at george bush or hilary clinton or whatever.

somebigguy
05-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm glad that hunter is a quadraplegic. One less prick out hunting innocent animals.

princesskittypoo
05-08-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm glad that hunter is a quadraplegic. One less prick out hunting innocent animals.
so you like having quadraplegics.... the statement actually reminds me of the pro-life campaigners that go out blowing up bombs in front of abortion clinics. no offence sbg. i don't like hunting eigther but i don't want to wish someone being a quadraplegic eigther.

somebigguy
05-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Sorry, but I don't have any sympathy for people who inflict pain on others. Animals or human, sorry.