PDA

View Full Version : Americans See 9/11 As Most Important Event Of Their Lives

Gold9472
09-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Americans see 9/11 as most important event of their lives

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Americans_see_9_11_as_most_importan_09102007.html

Published: Monday September 10, 2007

Six years after the September 11 attacks on the United States, most Americans view the plane hijackings that killed around 3,000 people as the most significant historical event of their lives, according to a poll released Monday.

Eighty-one percent of those surveyed said they see the attacks as the most significant historical even of their lifetimes, with more people on the east coast -- 90 percent -- choosing this view compared to 75 percent on the west coast.

The Zogby International telephone poll surveyed 938 people between September 6 and 9 and has a three-percentage point margin of error.

The poll also showed 61 percent of respondents saying they think of the events at least once a week and 16 percent saying they think of the attacks every day.

A full 91 percent said they believe the United States will be attacked again on US soil.

Sixteen percent said they had personally visited the site of the World Trade Center in New York City to pay tribute to those who died when two passenger jets plunged into the towers and caused them to collapse.

A third jet hijacked by Al-Qaeda militants hit the Pentagon outside Washington, and a fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania.

AuGmENTor
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Every week? Every day? I can honestly say That only a few HOURS go by that I don't think about it. Prolly doesn't help that I am always here.

simuvac
09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
It's so important... the progressive media refuses to take a second look at it.

In one sense, I understand the resistance. In another sense, the resistance to look at 9/11 is one of the great paradoxes of our time.