PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden's 9/11/07 Message

orAntilogic
09-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Here's the transcript of UBL's newest (http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/transcript2.pdf).

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Boy, he certainly is familiar with out terms like "neoconservative" and such.
Still reading.....
Ok, who the hell wrote this, REALLY?

Eckolaker
09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Seriously, who the fuck wrote this shit?

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, he lost me at the end where he thinks we should all convert to Islam. If I have to do life in prison MAYBE. Jesus PWNS you bitches!

Gold9472
09-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I saw a frame from the video. Bin Laden's beard is now black. I'm not going to get into whether or not it's fake, whether or not he's dead, etc... but I have to wonder. Why is a "radical islamofascist" vain in regards to the color of his beard? I wouldn't think that would be a priority for him.

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I saw a frame from the video. Bin Laden's beard is now black. I'm not going to get into whether or not it's fake, whether or not he's dead, etc... but I have to wonder. Why is a "radical islamofascist" vain in regards to the color of his beard? I wouldn't think that would be a priority for him.Pffff. So why didn't oyu post this frame? Don't go all pentagony on us.

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 07:27 PM
OK, upon reread, I can't help but wonder the following: If elements OTHER than Bin Laden wrote this, wouldn't they be more likely to spin him as a "radical?" From what I read, despite him evangelizing for Muslim, a message of peace was at the root. Basically, get the fuck out of the mid east, which I for one agree with 100%. When they bring it to my door, I will be the first one to shoot any "radical muslims" or whoever right in the face. Until then, whatthe hell do I care what they do over there? I'm sure there's lots he's not saying. What of all the talk I have heard about barber shops being closed for giving non-islamic haircuts? And women being stoned in he street? Or dide he gloss that part over with Islam "protecting from evils?" And "Moral values?" Are those the cover phrases used to depict we'll throw rocks at you?

Gold9472
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44103000/jpg/_44103783_binladen203.jpg

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44103000/jpg/_44103783_binladen203.jpgMaybe he has reconstructive surgery every year or so so know one knows what he looks like? I don't know. I thought in other pics I saw he had a much more delicate nose... That said, I agree with you when you say it doesn't need to be gotten into too much as to whether or not it is, or if it's fake. But i bet we DO get into it just the same.

Gold9472
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
This was snagged from the Associated Press (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gPfuhKxWr6wuItnKxaSAXAu3-2wA), and I blew it up a bit.

This two picture combination shows on the left, Osama bin Laden in an image made from an undated video broadcast on Friday, Oct. 29, 2004 by the Arab television station Al-Jazeera. On the right, bin Laden is shown in an image taken from a banner advertisement featured on an Islamic militant Web site where al-Qaida's media arm, Al-Sahab, frequently posts messages on Thursday Sept. 6, 2007. In the image posted Thursday, bin Laden's beard appears to have been dyed, a popular practice among Arab leaders, said Rita Katz, director of the SITE Institute, a Washington-based group that monitors terror messages. (AP Photo)

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/newosamatape.gif

Gold9472
09-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I guess that answers my question...

"a popular practice among Arab leaders"

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I guess that answers my question...

"a popular practice among Arab leaders"HUH?

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah and BTW orantilogic: nice post.

Gold9472
09-07-2007, 07:47 PM
The only thing I can find is that Muslim men like to use what's known as Henna to dye their beards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna#Cultivation_and_uses

Gold9472
09-07-2007, 07:47 PM
HUH?

Why is a "radical islamofascist" vain in regards to the color of his beard? I wouldn't think that would be a priority for him.

AuGmENTor
09-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I could see it. Why do any of us do anything to make us look better? And how do we choose WHAT we will do to that end? Maybe I'll dye my hair black and change my name to Raven Neversmiles....

werther
09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
his eyes in the newer photo look much 'droopier'. He could have aged dramatically and the folks producing the propaganda piece may have thought that would show weakness so they dyed his beard. Or maybe the man wants to get laid......combing out the gray seems to work wonder in the commercials.

Gold9472
09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Bush Says New Video a Reminder of Danger

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070908/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_bin_laden

By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer
2 hours ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Osama bin Laden's mention of the Iraq war in his video message is a reminder of al-Qaida's long-term objectives in Iraq and of the "dangerous world in which we live."

"Iraq is part of this war against extremists," Bush said, responding to the terrorist leader's message but never using his name. "If al-Qaida bothers to mention Iraq, it's because they want to achieve their objectives in Iraq, which is to drive us out."

Bin Laden's video, part of which was broadcast by Al-Jazeera television, emerged just days before the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

In a 30-minute speech addressed to Americans, bin Laden mocks the democratic system of government in the United States and lambastes the Bush administration for initiating the war in Iraq.

Bush, attending a summit of Pacific Rim leaders in Sydney, Australia, said: "The tape is a reminder about the dangerous world in which we live, and it's a reminder that we must work together to protect our people against these extremists who murder the innocent in order to achieve their political objectives."

The president spoke during a photo opportunity with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, referring to "a tape" and "the tape" and sometimes using awkward phrasing, apparently to avoid bin Laden's name.

The new bin Laden video released Friday makes no overt threats against the United States but boasts about the devastating impact the 2001 terror attacks had on the nation _ both domestically and overseas.

The Homeland Security Department was continuing to analyze the video to see if it includes any coded messages, department spokesman Russ Knocke said. But the department has found no credible information of an imminent threat to the homeland.

The nation's threat level remains the same _ elevated for the nation and high for the aviation sector.

"Our strategic threat assessment is that we are in a period of increased risk," Knocke said. "We continue to call for heightened vigilance by authorities at all levels as well as by the American public, and we remind everyone that if they see something, please say something."

In the speech, bin Laden refers to the attacks on New York and Washington several times, almost gloating about policy changes by the U.S. government in response.

"Nineteen young men were able _ by the grace of Allah, the Most High _ to change the direction of its compass," bin Laden says of the nation in a transcript of the video obtained by The Associated Press.

"Since the 11th, many of America's policies have come under the influence of the Mujahedeen," bin Laden says. "And as a result, the people discovered the truth about it; its reputation worsened, its prestige was broken globally and it was bled dry economically."

"Mujahedeen" is a term for Muslims fighting in a war or involved in any other struggle.

Counterterror and intelligence officials confirmed it was bin Laden on the tape, which they said appears to have been recently made. Bin Laden mentions the Aug. 6 anniversary of the World War II bombing of Hiroshima, and includes British Prime Minister Gordon Brown among leaders of the West with a "flagrant disregard for the intellects of human beings." Brown became prime minister June 27.

Several current and former government officials said bin Laden's speech may have been at least partially written by 28-year-old Adam Gadahn, an American charged with treason and supporting terrorism for serving as an al-Qaida propagandist. Authorities believe Gadahn tries to recruit supporters through videos and messages posted on the Internet.

Bin Laden mocks the democratic system of government in the United States, calling the nation "unjust," the transcript shows. At one point, he jeers President Bush's alliance with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki; at another he singles out Vice President Dick Cheney, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and former Pentagon adviser Richard Perle as neoconservatives.

Chana3812
09-08-2007, 08:56 AM
the video is total bullshit

Wonder what Kevin Barrett says about a muslim dying his beard ?? I'll find out.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of "Theatrics" Bush is willing to produce to justify his fuck-ups!!

AuGmENTor
09-24-2007, 03:26 AM
the video is total bullshit

Wonder what Kevin Barrett says about a muslim dying his beard ?? I'll find out.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of "Theatrics" Bush is willing to produce to justify his fuck-ups!!So, ummmmm... It's been two weeks Chana, what did you find out?