PDA

View Full Version : In Their Own Words: The Untold Stories Of The 9/11 Families

Gold9472
09-05-2007, 06:06 PM
In Their Own Words: The Untold Stories Of The 9/11 Families

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/intheirwords.jpg
Cover

In late 2006, the movie 9/11 Press For Truth became a worldwide underground hit. It exposed the story of the "Jersey Girls" and their allies -- the 9/11 families who had fought for the Commission but ultimately failed in seeing 70% of their questions answered.

IN THEIR OWN WORDS: THE UNTOLD STORIES OF THE 9/11 FAMILIES is the new, official companion DVD to 9/11 Press For Truth. Over 2 hours of unseen families' interviews and rare news clips originally intended for inclusion in the movie ended up on the cutting room floor -- until now.

A unique, balanced look at a diverse group of topics includes:

Top officials' whereabouts and changing stories on the day of 9/11
Insider trading before the attacks
War games coinciding with Sept. 11th
A confrontation between the families and FBI Director Mueller
British reports that some of the hijackers named by the FBI are simply wrong
Government whistleblowers' calls for accountability
The FBI informant who lived with 2 of the hijackers
A Defense Department program that identified 4 hijackers in 2000
The families' push to receive the Pentagon crash tapes
Bin Laden extradition negotiations after 9/11
The Project For the New American Century
And much more...
Pre-order today! (http://911pft.com/pft/catalog/) The DVD will ship in late September.

simuvac
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't see the In Their Own Words DVD on the PFT store website. I only see PFT.

Gold9472
09-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I know. Working on it.

thumper
09-05-2007, 11:21 PM
that's a really cool poster

simuvac
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I just received my copy of In Their Own Words today. It's a useful supplement to Press for Truth, especially in two areas. I think if you were trying to teach/convince someone of 9/11 Truth issues, these sections would be most useful.

First, the section called "Accountability, Part I" covers several intelligence "failures" and the fact that no one was demoted or fired inside the National Security Complex. This part adds some rare footage, I think, and repeats a memorable slogan spoken by several Jersey Girls: "Everyone was guilty, but no one was guilty." It's an apt way of summarizing the 9/11 Commission's findings.

Second, the section called "The War on Terror" discusses PNAC and provides some ideological context.

There isn't really any new information here; as far as I can tell, the value of this information is the inclusion of rare mainstream TV footage and another chance for family members to voice their concerns about the 9/11 Commission. I didn't notice an explanation of why Kristen Breitweiser is not interviewed for this film (I'm sure it was explained in PFT, and I have forgotten).

My one complaint has to do with the design of the DVD rather than its content. The font chosen for titles that precede interview segments is very difficult to read, and I'm surprised by this directorial decision. Please recut the film using a different text font type, because the titles (I hope that is the right word) are vital to the narrative.

The film is a supplement, so don't expect the same coherence of coverage you might get in a feature documentary. It explains many topics, but not in the kind of detail you would hope for. This is strictly a sequel to PFT, and would function best if shown in that way.

PhilosophyGenius
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
My one complaint has to do with the design of the DVD rather than its content. The font chosen for titles that precede interview segments is very difficult to read, and I'm surprised by this directorial decision. Please recut the film using a different text font type, because the titles (I hope that is the right word) are vital to the narrative.

I agree