PDA

View Full Version : GOD'S WARRIORS = CNN

Chana3812
08-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Has anyone been watching this series by Christine Amapore ??

Tonight I watched the Jewish part of a three-part series. It confirmed my belief about right and left wing Jews -

In the end.... it will be Jew versus Jew = those who hope for peace against those who support vengence and condone occupation.

I am recording the Islam and Christian segments - anyone want to weigh in on this VOLATILE subject???

Shalom
Chana

Chana3812
08-26-2007, 11:59 PM
here's the link

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/gods.warriors/

thumper
08-27-2007, 12:13 AM
i think the major religions have been infiltrated by the illuminati

simuvac
08-27-2007, 12:23 AM
In “Civilization and Its Discontents,” Freud wrote, “One thing only do I know for certain and that is that man’s judgments of value follow directly his wishes for happiness — that, accordingly, they are an attempt to support his illusions with arguments.”

Chana3812
08-27-2007, 09:43 AM
that man’s judgments of value follow directly his wishes for happiness

With that rationale....
There sure are a bunch of wackos who think war and killing is the path to happiness.

simuvac
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
With that rationale....
There sure are a bunch of wackos who think war and killing is the path to happiness.

Well, don't forget for Freud everyone is in a sense a "wacko" because everyone is driven by subconscious desires. So, religion is just the "arguments" to support one's "illusions". At least, I think that's what he meant.

My point, I guess, was this: Don't confuse self-identification with religious principles and a person's actual behavior. I think people identify with various religions for reasons they are not aware of.

I recall a poll from not long ago, in which something like 70% of Christian Evangelical Americans attributed to Jesus the following idea: God helps those who help themselves. The idea is of course from Benjamin Franklin, but the poll illustrates (at least for me) one way in which people who self-identify with a social identity can do so for reasons that have nothing to do with the identity. (Think, also, of the evangelical thirst for war. What gospel does that come from?)

Franklin's idea, of course, is the antithesis of what Christians are supposed to believe (charity and all that, not some capitalist sales pitch).

But, to return to your original comment: I'm sure for Dick Cheney war is a source of happiness, but not war itself, or the experience of war (which he obviously avoided), but rather the profits he gets from war, the boost to his ego as he rules the world, all of these attempts to compensate for the fact that he is old and almost dead and will never again know the pleasures a young man can experience.

Chana3812
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
good post - thumbs up !!

AuGmENTor
08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah man, really insightful.