PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show Celebrates Rove Farewell Announcement - Video Inside

Gold9472
08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Daily Show celebrates Rove farewell announcement

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Daily_Show_celebrates_Rove_farewell_announcement_0 814.html

David Edwards and Muriel Kane
Published: Tuesday August 14, 2007

On Monday's The Daily Show, Jon Stewart announced the resignation of Karl Rove to loud cheers before turning to Senior Washington Correspondent John Oliver.

"The mood here is one of unspeakable sadness," said Oliver. "Rove's very presence ... has been a source of joy and light. Not just to the jaded Beltway insiders such as myself, but to the children who frolic behind him, hoping to catch one of the sweets which fall naturally from his doughy pantaloons."

Oliver then carried on a conversation with "one of the delightful songbirds that constantly serenades Karl Rove wherever he goes" -- an animated cartoon figure that lighted on his wrist. "Hello, little one. I know you're sad. We're all sad. ... I'm afraid the subpoena still holds even if he does leave. It is very unfair."

"If I had to pick one thing I'm going to miss most, I'd have to say -- the lying," Oliver concluded. "The blatant, pointless, gratuitous, relentless lying."

The following video is from Comedy Central's The Daily Show, broadcast on August 13.

Video At Source