PDA

View Full Version : 9/11: Press For Truth To Appear On Austrialia's "The History Channel" 9/11/2007

Gold9472
08-10-2007, 11:53 AM
History Channel commemorates

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22209802-5005382,00.html

August 08, 2007 12:33pm

THE History Channel will commemorate the 6th anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks with a full day of programming on Tuesday, September 11.

The thought-provoking line-up of documentaries will examine the events that killed nearly 3,000 people on that fateful day. The various programs look back at the victims, the heroes and the theories behind what has become a date synonymous with fear and tragic loss on a massive scale.

The day’s schedule includes the Australian television premieres: 9/11 Press for Truth (7:30pm EST) which tells the story of a small circle of relatives of the September 11 victims and their battle with the White House to force an independent investigation into the tragedy; and Crime Scene 9/11 (9:30pm EST) which describes how the 16-acre debris field, that had once been the World Trade Centre, was instantly transformed into America's biggest crime scene.

Other highlights airing from 10:30am EST include:

10:30am - THE WHITE HOUSE AT WAR

A fascinating documentary detailing how the Oval Office has handled war throughout its history. Beginning with President Bush’s declaration ‘On My Order’ of war on Iraq, the program also looks at previous conflicts, Presidential addresses and actions such as Pearl Harbour.

11:30am - COUNTDOWN TO GROUND ZERO

A gripping, dramatic look at the extraordinary events of September 11, 2001 – not just this infamous day in history, but also how this day came to be through the dramatic stories of people whose lives converge at a moment when history turns. Countdown to Ground Zero is the story of Al Qaeda's agents as they plan and execute the most deadly strike on the US since the bombing of Pearl Harbour. It is a strike that takes months of meticulous and secretive planning and a plot so horrific and shocking that few in the Bush or Clinton Administration thought it possible.

1:30pm - 9/11 CONSPRIRACIES

Could a government missile have hit the Pentagon? Could the World Trade Centre Towers have been brought down by a series of government-sponsored controlled demolitions? Did the Bush Administration perpetrate the attacks to advance its own interests? As outrageous as these ideas may sound, a growing number of people believe them. An Internet search for ‘9/11 conspiracy theories’ yields nearly two million hits. While the most extreme conspiracy theorists make up only a fringe element of society, the Internet helps to spread their ideas quickly and widely and dozens of books have been published on various theories.

3:30pm - OSAMA BIN LADEN

This documentary explores the life of the world's number one arch enemy, Osama Bin Laden. Filmed in 10 countries around the world, it traces Bin Laden's rise through the Jihad against the Soviets in Afghanistan to his present incarnation.

5:30pm - GROUNDED ON 9/11

In response to the attacks on September 11, 2001, the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) orders all planes out of the air. US and Canadian air traffic controllers face a calamity of epic proportions – how to safely re-route and land 6,500 planes carrying close to a million people. For individual air traffic controllers, the work is chaotic, intense, and deceptively simple: pick a new route for each flight; radio instructions to turn; listen for pilot confirmation; hold traffic to keep airways from overcrowding. From Cleveland, Ohio to Gander, Newfoundland, controllers on September 11 search for alternate airports to land large jets even as their traumatized colleagues stream back from break rooms after watching the attacks on TV.

6:30pm – THE MIRACLE ON STAIRWAY B

The Miracle on Stairway B tells the story of how 12 fire fighters, three office workers and a Port Authority cop lived through the devastating collapse of the North Tower, survived for hours under half a million tonnes of debris and then were rescued when all hope seemed lost. In this incredible feat of human survival, this documentary chronicles the chain of uncanny coincidences and bizarre events that enabled these individuals to stay alive when so many were dying all around them.

7:30pm - 9/11 PRESS FOR TRUTH

9/11: Press For Truth is the story of a small circle of relatives of the September 11 victims, including four grieving widows from New Jersey – known as ‘The Jersey Girls’. Together they battled the White House for over a year after 9/11 to force an independent investigation. However, on the completion of the enquiry, the families found that 70 per cent of their questions remained unanswered. Charged with emotion and new revelations, this documentary dramatically retraces their quest for truth and the disturbing answers they uncover.

9:30pm - CRIME SCENE 9/11

The New York 9/11 terror attacks were the largest act of mass homicide ever in the United States. The detectives of NYPD's elite Crime Scene Unit (CSU), led by Detective Joe Blozis – one of the unsung heroes of 9/11 – arrived at Ground Zero just as the South Tower fell. He describes how, after narrowly escaping death, he declared the area a major crime scene. The CSU immediately began scouring Lower Manhattan for evidence for a future trial.

orAntilogic
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
is this strictly for aussies?

Gold9472
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Yup. The country furthest away from the United States.

simuvac
08-10-2007, 01:39 PM
It's in prime time, which is great.

And who knows: Maybe History Channel USA will copy this format?

Currently, the History Channel USA has only scheduled programming until the end of August.

http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=weekly&start=1186790400000

beltman713
08-10-2007, 04:24 PM
"While the most extreme conspiracy theorists make up only a fringe element of society, the Internet helps to spread their ideas quickly and widely and dozens of books have been published on various theories."

It's a handful of people who believe this, it's just that the internet makes it seem as if more people believe it.

simuvac
08-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Remember to catch "9/11 Conspiracies" on the History Channel tomorrow at 8pm.

Sure, it'll be a hit piece, straight up, but it's still interesting to see exactly HOW they'll do it.

Also, everytime they use the word "outrageous," you have to do a shot.

AuGmENTor
08-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Remember to catch "9/11 Conspiracies" on the History Channel tomorrow at 8pm.

Sure, it'll be a hit piece, straight up, but it's still interesting to see exactly HOW they'll do it.

Also, everytime they use the word "outrageous," you have to do a shot.On AMERICAN TV? I can't believe they're airing that.

simuvac
08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
On AMERICAN TV? I can't believe they're airing that.

Well, keep in mind that it will most likely feature Popular Mechanics prominently.

AuGmENTor
08-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it'll only piss me off... We should all watch it, and post the inconsistencies in real time...

simuvac
08-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it'll only piss me off... We should all watch it, and post the inconsistencies in real time...

I don't think I can type that fast...

But I'm sure some post-show wrap-up is in order.

simuvac
08-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I think I misspoke.

According to its website, the History Channel is showing 9/11 Conspiracies next week, Monday August 20 at 9pm.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=240087

I don't know why I thought it was on tonight. I was convinced. Had a blank tape ready to record and everything...

Gold9472
08-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I think I misspoke.

According to its website, the History Channel is showing 9/11 Conspiracies next week, Monday August 20 at 9pm.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=240087

I don't know why I thought it was on tonight. I was convinced. Had a blank tape ready to record and everything...

Didn't Alex Jones report that they pushed it back a week?

AuGmENTor
08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
MISINFORMATIONISTS!!!!

EDIT: As per da man.

Gold9472
08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
No. That would be misinformation.

AuGmENTor
08-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I said, "Whateva!" Remember that song?

simuvac
08-12-2007, 11:49 PM
For my bad, I'll share an odd thing I encountered today.

There's a book on Amazon called Rubble: Unearthing the History of Demolition .

http://www.amazon.com/Rubble-Unearthing-Demolition-Jeff-Byles/dp/0307345289/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3179742-2517720?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186976738&sr=8-1

The Publisher's Weekly blurb reads in part:

"The controlled reduction of buildings to rubble is "the black art of our time," writes Byles. In this colorful thematic history of the demolition trade (a subject he was pursuing, it should be said, before the destruction of the Twin Towers), he rightfully calls Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite, "the patron saint of creative destruction." Only in the 1910s did the simple need to topple skyscrapers emerge as a fact of urban renewal...."

What does that mean? Is Publisher's Weekly a Truther? :smiley:

AuGmENTor
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Sounds like it...

PhilosophyGenius
08-13-2007, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if History Channel showed some risque stuff on this program. They have showed not so govnt friendly stuff before.