PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen To Tour With Roth, Report Says

Gold9472
08-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Van Halen to Tour With Roth, Report Says

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802256.html

(Gold9472: I can see Sammy singing David songs (he's done it), but I can't see David singing Sammy songs.)

The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 8, 2007; 11:05 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Van Halen fans, get ready to "Jump." The rockers have re-formed with original frontman David Lee Roth and will set out on a national tour beginning in October, according to a report posted Wednesday on Billboard Magazine's Web site.

In its report, the music industry trade publication said Van Halen will play 50 dates in arenas across North America.

Lead singer David Lee Roth, left, and lead guitarist Eddie Van Halen of the rock group Van Halen perform during the concert at the spectrum in Philadelphia in this Oct. 19, 1982 file photo. The rockers have re-formed with original frontman David Lee Roth and will set out on a national tour beginning in October, 2007, according to a report posted Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2007 on Billboard Magazine's Web site. (AP Photo0 (AP)

The report coincides with a news release issued Tuesday by touring company Live Nation and Van Halen saying the band will be making "an announcement of monumental proportions" during a news conference Monday in Los Angeles.

Representatives of the band and Live Nation would not confirm the band will announce a reunion tour.

Reports surfaced this year that three of the band's original members _ Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen _ would tour along with Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang, in place of original bassist Michael Anthony. That tour never materialized.

In March, Eddie Van Halen entered rehab for unspecified reasons. Later that month, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Roth left the group for a solo career after the release of the band's "1984" album, which featured the hits "Jump," "Hot For Teacher" and "Panama."

The band carried on into the 1990s with new lead singer Sammy Hagar. Later, former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone joined the band for one album.

Van Halen hasn't toured with Roth in more than 20 years.

werther
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Though I am not a big fan, when I was younger (from age 5 to 10 yrs old) I did own a couple of albums(obviously my parents bought them 'for me'). I would much rather see Van Halen with Sammy than with Dave. Dave is sometimes funny but that's about it.