PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Says "Main Battle In Iraq" Against Al Qaeda

Gold9472
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Cheney says 'main battle in Iraq' against al Qaeda

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Cheney_says_main_battle_in_Iraq_0806.html

Nick Juliano
Published: Monday August 6, 2007

Vice President Dick Cheney continued to argue that America's enemy in Iraq is predominantly from international terror group al Qaeda, rather than homegrown insurgents.

"The main battle in Iraq today is against al Qaeda," Cheney told an audience of Marines and veterans at their annual convention. He cited military estimates that 80 to 90 percent of "suicide attacks" in Iraq were carried out by foreign-born Qaeda fighters.

Cheney noted that al Qaeda in Iraq was founded by Jordanian Abu Musab al Zarqawi, who previously ran a terror training camp in Afghanistan before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. The vice president noted Zarqawi entered Iraq "after 9/11," but neglected to mention that it also was not until after the US invasion of Iraq in March 2003 that Zarqawi began ushering foreign fighters into the country.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq is a group founded by foreign terrorists," Cheney said. "The leaders of this group have been the primary enemy of this country since the day we began fighting this global conflict."

In what appeared to be a veiled swipe at Democratic calls for withdrawing some or all US troops from Iraq, Cheney implored his audience to consider the effects of a "retreat strategy" on the War on Terror.

He said that because al Qaeda has infiltrated Iraq, the United States must continue to fight them there.

"If you support the war on terror, then you ought to support it where the terrorists are fighting us," he said.

Cheney, who received five draft deferments to avoid fighting in the Vietnam War, was the second choice for the Marine Corps League's 84th National Convention in Albuquerque, N.M. The league originally invited President Bush, but he was unable to appear because he is spending the day with Afghan President Hamid Karzai at Camp David.

AuGmENTor
08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I really just can't believe that old demon fuckers heart hasn't given out yet... Or that he is sticking to the bullshit story of "bringing the fight to them..."

Gold9472
08-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I really just can't believe that old demon fuckers heart hasn't given out yet... Or that he is sticking to the bullshit story of "bringing the fight to them..."

If wishes were fishes... the fact is, I don't want him to die. I want him to stand trial. If he were to die, however, I wouldn't think twice about pissing on his grave.

AuGmENTor
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
If wishes were fishes... the fact is, I don't want him to die. I want him to stand trial. If he were to die, however, I wouldn't think twice about pissing on his grave.As fucked up as the judicial system in this country is, I think I would rather he just keeled over. You want your taxes going to support him in the unlikely event he goes to jail? And if he DID go to jail, it would be the Club Fed, not Gitmo.

Gold9472
08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
As fucked up as the judicial system in this country is, I think I would rather he just keeled over. You want your taxes going to support him in the unlikely event he goes to jail? And if he DID go to jail, it would be the Club Fed, not Gitmo.

How do you know his sentence wouldn't BE death?

AuGmENTor
08-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I say again, even if it were, he would expire from old age LONG before the sentence was carried out...

Gold9472
08-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I say again, even if it were, he would expire from old age LONG before the sentence was carried out...

I know I'm living in a pipe dream world to think he will be held accountable for his crimes, but the idea of it... the idea of Cheney wearing orange, in shackles, is part of what drives me.