PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Michael Parenti: Lies, War And Empire - Video Inside

Gold9472
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Dr. Michael Parenti: Lies, War And Empire

Part I
Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTrY3TQpzw) (GooTube)

Part II
Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaTPDFsDdIk) (GooTube)

Given May 12, 2007 at Antioch University in Seattle.

AuGmENTor
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm surprised that with this guy speaking at campuses, there isn't more outcry that you read about. Like during the Vietnam era.

Gold9472
08-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I love how he is a "world" truther... He briefly mentions 9/11, and goes on to something else entirely.

AuGmENTor
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Do you mean that in a good way? I think he's pretty brilliant.

Gold9472
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Yes. 9/11 isn't his "issue", but he incorporates it into his message.

Gold9472
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
And yes, he is brilliant. I like how he says that our leaders ARE NOT stupid.

Gold9472
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
They ARE NOT "incompetent."

AuGmENTor
08-04-2007, 08:09 PM
As just one example of what's wrong. Yeah, I see that about him. I had to pause it, and I don't know if I'll get back to it tonight. I have to unplug sometimes...

simuvac
08-05-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm surprised that with this guy speaking at campuses, there isn't more outcry that you read about. Like during the Vietnam era.

Three reasons for the lack of "outcry" on campuses: one, this is the most narcissistic generation ever, and they can't be bothered to put the mirror away long enough to protest; two, most of them are clueless; three, debt.

The last one, debt, is, I believe, the main reason greater numbers aren't in the streets. The savings rate is a negative. People are in debt up to their eyes. They're afraid to risk losing a job, or losing face, or losing ground, or losing anything, and so they don't protest obvious criminality.

That's my sense, anyway.

beltman713
08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Brilliant!

Uber Commandante
08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Three reasons for the lack of "outcry" on campuses: one, this is the most narcissistic generation ever, and they can't be bothered to put the mirror away long enough to protest; two, most of them are clueless; three, debt.

The last one, debt, is, I believe, the main reason greater numbers aren't in the streets. The savings rate is a negative. People are in debt up to their eyes. They're afraid to risk losing a job, or losing face, or losing ground, or losing anything, and so they don't protest obvious criminality.

That's my sense, anyway.

I agree. In other historical dictatorships they controlled the masses with guns. In the US they do it with crippling debt. Thats why the governement signed a law 2 years ago making it harder for individuals (not businesses) to declare bankruptcy. Thats why if you send a late payment in for your mortgage, your credit card interest rates go up. They are all tied together to make indentured servants of us, in order to stiffle dissent.

Gold9472
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Well then quit dissenting... sheesh.

AuGmENTor
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Michael Ruppert said during one of his speeches that we should all be looking at getting rid of ALL of our personal debt. I couldn't agree more. I have a feeling that when this falls apart, it's going to do it all at once.