PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Terror Attack - "Ninety Days At Most"

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:04 AM
U.S. Terror Attack — 'Ninety Days at Most'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161962,00.html

8/2/2007

Counterterrorism expert Juval Aviv spoke with FOX Fan Central about what Americans can do to protect themselves in case of a terror attack.

Do you believe another terrorist attack is likely on American soil?

I predict, based primarily on information that is floating in Europe and the Middle East, that an event is imminent and around the corner here in the United States. It could happen as soon as tomorrow, or it could happen in the next few months. Ninety days at the most.

What advice do you have for individuals that have the misfortune of finding themselves in the middle of a terror attack?

Since mass transportation is the next attack, when you travel to work have with you, a bottle of water, a small towel and a flashlight. What happened in London is exactly a point to look at. Those people who were close to the bombs died, then others were injured or died from inhaling the toxic fumes or getting trampled. The reason you take a bottle of water and a towel is that if you wet the towel and put it over your face, you can protect yourself against the fumes and get yourself out of there.

Don't be bashful. If your gut feeling tells you when you walk onto a bus there is something unusual or suspicious, get out and walk away. You may do it 10 times for no reason, but there will be one time that saves your life. Let your sixth sense direct you.

Try to break your routine. If you travel during rush hour every day, try to get up a little earlier and drive to work or take the train when it’s still not full. Don’t find yourself every day in the midst of rush hour. Terrorists are not going to waste a bomb on a half-empty train.

What portion of the American infrastructure do you believe is at the greatest risk for a terror attack?

We have put all of our emphasis, right or wrong, on the aviation area. What has happened, in the last two to three years, based on information we have, is the terrorists have realized that they cannot hijack a plane in America soon because the passengers are going to fight back. So they realize what they have been very successful with over the last 50 years in Madrid, London, Iraq, Israel: demoralizing the public when they go to work and when they come back from work.

What they’re going to do is hit six, seven or eight cities simultaneously to show sophistication and really hit the public. This time, which is the message of the day, it will not only be big cities. They’re going to try to hit rural America. They want to send a message to rural America: "You’re not protected. If you figured out that if you just move out of New York and move to Montana or to Pittsburgh, you’re not immune. We’re going [to] get you wherever we can and it’s easier there than in New York."

What more do you think the government can do to protect the public?

Number one, and this is the beef I’ve had with Homeland Security for the last four years, is educating the public on how to deal with those types of events. There’s no education. We’re raising the color code alert and that means nothing to anyone. Whether it’s green, yellow, pink, no one ever educated the public how to identify suspicious items or people. In Israel, so many of them [terrorists] have been apprehended just because people have phoned in. We don’t have that training on campuses, schools or kindergarten.

In Israel, it’s very popular right now [amongst terrorists] to put one device to explode and time another one for five minutes later when it’s all calm, people are getting up and the rescue teams have responded. You need to know all those things and think about those things. The government must pursue that. Law enforcement will never have enough people on the street to detect things. We don’t have that kind of manpower. That’s why the government must enlist the public.

Juval Aviv is a former Israeli Counterterrorism Intelligence Officer and President and CEO of Interfor, Inc. Mr. Aviv has also served as a special consultant to the U.S. Congress on issues of terrorism and security and is the author of “Staying Safe : The Complete Guide to Protecting Yourself, Your Family, and Your Business.”

78naujsrk
08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
so they are telling us it is coming and we just have to deal with it

so why the fuck are the boys in iraq dieing and why the fuck are we spending 600 billion+ over there!!!!!!

dammit i hate these assholes

PhilosophyGenius
08-02-2007, 01:52 PM
so they are telling us it is coming and we just have to deal with it

so why the fuck are the boys in iraq dieing and why the fuck are we spending 600 billion+ over there!!!!!!

dammit i hate these assholes

That prediction came from one of those "terror experts" who repeat what they hear in the news and act like they discovered it. At least it wasn't a gut feeling though.

Anyways, making predictions like that could backfire badly if it doesnt happen. Like the citizen who went to the police and even on tv talking about how he overheard plans to blow up Las Vegas and it never happened. Or even worse, the University proffesor who went around scaring everyone saying Iran was planning an all out war within the week because they wanted a phrofet to return; oh that must have been a tough couple of weeks at school after it never happened. LOL

Eckolaker
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Fear mongering..plain and simple. Not that I don't expect the nwo to pull off another attack as a last resort, but they will always fall back on their "bread and butter" which is creating an atmosphere of fear.

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 03:23 PM
BLAHBITTY BLAH BLAH BLAH. Show me the money fuckers. I heard this SAME SHIT LAST YEAR!

beltman713
08-02-2007, 03:32 PM
You would think if they knew something was coming, they would be able to prevent it. Isn't that what counter terrorism is supposed to do? Oh, I forgot, you can only prevent it if that's in your interest.

kelp
08-02-2007, 08:40 PM
looks like they're recycling their scary stories!

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,161962,00.html

U.S. Terror Attack — 'Ninety Days at Most'

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Counterterrorism expert Juval Aviv spoke with FOX Fan Central about what Americans can do to protect themselves in case of a terror attack.

Do you believe another terrorist attack is likely on American soil?

I predict, based primarily on information that is floating in Europe and the Middle East, that an event is imminent and around the corner here in the United States. It could happen as soon as tomorrow, or it could happen in the next few months. Ninety days at the most.

What advice do you have for individuals that have the misfortune of finding themselves in the middle of a terror attack?

Since mass transportation is the next attack, when you travel to work have with you, a bottle of water, a small towel and a flashlight. What happened in London is exactly a point to look at. Those people who were close to the bombs died, then others were injured or died from inhaling the toxic fumes or getting trampled. The reason you take a bottle of water and a towel is that if you wet the towel and put it over your face, you can protect yourself against the fumes and get yourself out of there.

Don't be bashful. If your gut feeling tells you when you walk onto a bus there is something unusual or suspicious, get out and walk away. You may do it 10 times for no reason, but there will be one time that saves your life. Let your sixth sense direct you.

Try to break your routine. If you travel during rush hour every day, try to get up a little earlier and drive to work or take the train when it’s still not full. Don’t find yourself every day in the midst of rush hour. Terrorists are not going to waste a bomb on a half-empty train.

What portion of the American infrastructure do you believe is at the greatest risk for a terror attack?

We have put all of our emphasis, right or wrong, on the aviation area. What has happened, in the last two to three years, based on information we have, is the terrorists have realized that they cannot hijack a plane in America soon because the passengers are going to fight back. So they realize what they have been very successful with over the last 50 years in Madrid, London, Iraq, Israel: demoralizing the public when they go to work and when they come back from work.

What they’re going to do is hit six, seven or eight cities simultaneously to show sophistication and really hit the public. This time, which is the message of the day, it will not only be big cities. They’re going to try to hit rural America. They want to send a message to rural America: "You’re not protected. If you figured out that if you just move out of New York and move to Montana or to Pittsburgh, you’re not immune. We’re going [to] get you wherever we can and it’s easier there than in New York."

What more do you think the government can do to protect the public?

Number one, and this is the beef I’ve had with Homeland Security for the last four years, is educating the public on how to deal with those types of events. There’s no education. We’re raising the color code alert and that means nothing to anyone. Whether it’s green, yellow, pink, no one ever educated the public how to identify suspicious items or people. In Israel, so many of them [terrorists] have been apprehended just because people have phoned in. We don’t have that training on campuses, schools or kindergarten.

In Israel, it’s very popular right now [amongst terrorists] to put one device to explode and time another one for five minutes later when it’s all calm, people are getting up and the rescue teams have responded. You need to know all those things and think about those things. The government must pursue that. Law enforcement will never have enough people on the street to detect things. We don’t have that kind of manpower. That’s why the government must enlist the public.

Juval Aviv is a former Israeli Counterterrorism Intelligence Officer and President and CEO of Interfor, Inc. Mr. Aviv has also served as a special consultant to the U.S. Congress on issues of terrorism and security and is the author of “Staying Safe (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060735201/qid=1120845674/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_ur_2/102-2766681-1921733?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) : The Complete Guide to Protecting Yourself, Your Family, and Your Business.”

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 08:44 PM
WOW Kelp! Awsome find! How the hell did you do THAT! Long time no post.

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Holy shit. Nice catch kelp!

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
I say you go after Fox Jon, and drop the hammer on them...

kelp
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
i must admit, i didn't catch it. someone on another forum found it.

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
i must admit, i didn't catch it. someone on another forum found it.

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16341

In that case, you suck. :)

kelp
08-02-2007, 09:13 PM
i did 'catch' it on another forum. doesn't that count for anything? :)

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
It sure does... Jon is just jealous you would BE at another forum. It wasn't halfway I'm sure....

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh AND that HE didn't catch it!

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
It sure does... Jon is just jealous you would BE at another forum. It wasn't halfway I'm sure....

yea...

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
You been here for over a YEAR, and you have 44 posts? WHat's wrong with us? Why you not visit more often? It's obvious you have a wealth of information to share with us!

kelp
08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
correct, i haven't been at halfway in a long time! i guess i don't post much because i never really have anything exciting to say. plus half the time i'm just sneakin' a peak when i should be working! but, lately the real estate market hasn't been all that great. so i guess i have some extra time now :(

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
correct, i haven't been at halfway in a long time! i guess i don't post much because i never really have anything exciting to say. plus half the time i'm just sneakin' a peak when i should be working! but, lately the real estate market hasn't been all that great. so i guess i have some extra time now :(

Do you have a dog?

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Shit you'll have PLENTY of time soon. Go look at the implode-0-meter Pheonix just posted (on halfway ironically enough)
Don't sell yourself short, you have LOTS to offer.
Silly goose

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Do you have a dog?If she doesn't ask, I will... What the hell does her canine posession status have to do with anything?

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
If she doesn't ask, I will... What the hell does her canine posession status have to do with anything?

They're a good thing to have. She sounded depressed. Pets help.

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
There's always a method behind my madness.

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Do you have a pet, Mr. Gold?

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Do you have a pet, Mr. Gold?

Haven't you ever seen her?

http://home.comcast.net/~gold9472/911lil.gif

kelp
08-02-2007, 09:49 PM
cute kitty! i do have a dog, phoebe. i also have 3 cats; louise, putty tat, and pork. we just lost our fourth cat, thelma, a few months ago. the kids and the pets do help me smile!

Gold9472
08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
cute kitty! i do have a dog, phoebe. i also have 3 cats; louise, putty tat, and pork. we just lost our fourth cat, thelma, a few months ago. the kids and the pets do help me smile!

See? A method to my madness.

AuGmENTor
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
whatever...

PhilosophyGenius
08-03-2007, 03:00 AM

extra time well spent

kelp
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
i also stumbled across this bit of 'fear' last night:

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/003851.php

Lott: Get Out of D.C. While You Still Can
By Spencer Ackerman - August 2, 2007, 5:41 PM
There's irresponsibility. There's demagoguery. And then there's Trent Lott.

It turns out the Capitol Police have bolstered security around the U.S. Capitol after a recent al-Qaeda communique threatened an attack on Washington. Lott, according to Roll Call (http://www.rollcall.com/issues/1_1/breakingnews/19681-1.html) (sub.req.), responded with characteristic gravitas. In light of the heightened threat, Congress can either amend the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act or all of us can run screaming into the inferno.

Senate Minority Whip Trent Lott (R-Miss.) ominously advised Thursday that Congress needed to pass changes to terrorist surveillance laws before leaving for the August recess and warned that otherwise “the disaster could be on our doorstep.”Further demonstrating his counterterrorism sagacity, when asked if people should leave Washington, D.C., during the month of August, Lott replied that "I think it would be good to leave town in August, and it would probably be good to stay out until September the 12th." By contrast, a former Capitol Hill chief had the temerity to note that, according to U.S. intelligence analysis he'd been privvy to, "Americans tend to be much more oriented toward anniversaries and the jihadists seem to be less so. I've seen over the years where we concentrate on dates and the analysts say, 'Don’t get wrapped up in dates because our terrorist jihadist enemies bide their time.'"

AuGmENTor
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Good job kelp. You're rolling now.... Don't stop...

simuvac
08-03-2007, 12:20 PM
This counterterrorism "expert", Juval Aviv, seems to have a loose connection to 9/11-related material as well. Check out the last paragraph.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/242379

Black investigator has own shadowy past as spy

The president of New York investigation firm, Interfor, claims to be a former agent for Mossad

August 02, 2007
Simona Siad

This isn't the first time that Juval Aviv, whose affidavit was the focus of much of yesterday's hearing for Conrad Black, has been caught up in larger-than-life events.

Aviv, who claims to be a former agent for the Mossad or Israeli intelligence service, is the president of Interfor, an international investigation firm in New York City.

He also claims involvement in the "Wrath of God" operations instigated by Israel after the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre. The fact is disputed, but he says he helped in tracking down and killing Palestinian terrorists involved in the murder of 11 Israeli athletes.

His version of events became the basis of the 1984 book, Vengeance, by George Jonas, which then became the background for Steven Spielberg's 2005 film Munich. According to Aviv, he is the real-life figure behind the character Avner, played by actor Eric Bana.

Aviv's security-consulting agency is staffed with investigators and fraud examiners who operate in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, law firms, an international airline and governments.

Aviv is a special consultant to the U.S. Congress on terrorism and security and is a consultant for Fox News. He is the author of several books, including 2003's The Complete Terrorism Survival Guide: How to Travel, Work and Live in Safety, and has written a novel based loosely on the death of British publisher Robert Maxwell.

His career includes many high-profile investigations:

In 1988 he was hired by PanAm's insurers to investigate the bombing of one of its jets over Lockerbie, Scotland. As a consultant to lawyers, Aviv wrote a report blaming the Central Intelligence Agency for letting the bomb aboard Flight 103. The CIA has denied his allegation.

In 1995, Aviv was accused of defrauding General Electric Co. with an allegedly false report on terrorism and crime in the Caribbean, but in 1996 was acquitted of all charges following a jury trial in Manhattan federal court.

In 2000, the RCMP's national security section looked into claims that copies of Promis software used by the Mounties and later Canada's spy agency were fitted with a "trap door" that allowed spies to peek into top-secret databases. During that spy probe, Aviv confirmed he was interviewed by the RCMP, who told him they were investigating allegations that the late British media tycoon Robert Maxwell arranged for the software to be sold to Canada.

With files from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Queensland Courier Mail.

AuGmENTor
08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
TIC TOC TIC TOC.... Times a runnin out!