PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore Says He's Been Served With Subpoena

Gold9472
07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Michael Moore says he's been served with subpoena

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Michael_Moore_says_hes_been_served_0727.html

Published: Friday July 27, 2007

Filmmaker Michael Moore revealed on Thursday's "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno that the Bush Administration had served him with a subpoena regarding his recent trip to Cuba made as part of his new film, Sicko.

Moore told the audience that he was notified of the subpoena backstage.

"I haven't even told my own family yet," Moore remarked. "I was just informed when I was back there with Jay that the Bush administration has now issued a subpoena for me."

The Oscar-winning filmmaker filmed his trip to the US base at Guantanamo Bay, where he pleaded with military officials to let three 9/11 rescue workers enjoy the benefits of healthcare extended to detainees.

"I heard the al-Qaida terrorists we have in the camps there, detained, are receiving free dental, medical, eye care, the whole deal, and our own (Sept. 11) rescue workers can't get that in New York City," Moore said.

The workers later received care and heavily discounted prescriptions at Cuban hospitals.

United Press International reported Thursday that the film's distributor, the Weinstein Company, will donate 11 percent of Sicko's box office sales August 11 to "help these workers and the other workers who need help."