PDA

View Full Version : Unsuccessful White House Coup Planned By Prescott Bush & Co. In 1933

Gold9472
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
The Whitehouse Coup

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/document/document.shtml

Monday 23 July 2007

Document uncovers details of a planned coup in the USA in 1933 by a group of right-wing American businessmen.

The coup was aimed at toppling President Franklin D Roosevelt with the help of half-a-million war veterans. The plotters, who were alleged to involve some of the most famous families in America, (owners of Heinz, Birds Eye, Goodtea, Maxwell Hse & George Bush’s Grandfather, Prescott) believed that their country should adopt the policies of Hitler and Mussolini to beat the great depression.

Mike Thomson investigates why so little is known about this biggest ever peacetime threat to American democracy.

werther
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
this should prove interesting....Tarpley might have to release another edition of his unofficial biography of George H W Bush, unless somehow I missed this chapter.

AuGmENTor
07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Is there a documentary about this, or am I going to have to read???

Gold9472
07-24-2007, 07:04 PM
There's a whole show about this at the source link. Click on the audio link at the top.

Gold9472
07-24-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/document/rams/document.ram

werther
07-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I listened to it and it is pretty damn interesting. Though, and I could be wrong, it sounds like the McCormak Dixtine Committee (not spelled right i am sure) was investigating Nazi/Fascist sympathizers in America and not just the plot by the American Liberty League. So when they bring up the Hamburg America Line, which Prescott Bush managed it is kind of out of left field and is not in the same investigation as the coup. Though they are both scrutinized by the same committee, they seem to be seperate incidents. Again, I could have interpreted it wrong.

PhilosophyGenius
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
On one of Alex Jones' documentaries he shows footage of the "Nazi Part of America" which Prescott belonged to. And how the Bush family got there money from Nazi money.