PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore Slams CNN, Wolf Blitzer On Live TV - Video Inside

Gold9472
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Michael Moore slams CNN, Wolf Blitzer on live TV

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Michael_Moore_shames_CNN_Blitzer_on_0709.html

David Edwards and Josh Catone
Published: Monday July 9, 2007

Before a live interview with documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, CNN aired a segment entitled "Sicko Reality Check" in which Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the network's chief medical correspondent, aimed to keep Moore "honest" and fact check his new film, Sicko.

The 4-minute piece concluded that Moore "did fudge the facts," and implied that Sicko was misleading in portraying health care systems in other countries, such as France, the UK, and Canada, as better than the one in the US.

When given a chance to speak, Moore immediately put host Wolf Blitzer on the defensive.

"That report was so biased, I can't imagine what pharmaceutical company's ads are coming up right after our break here," said Moore. "Why don't you tell the truth to the American people? I wish that CNN and the other mainstream media would just for once tell the truth about what's going on in this country."

Moore argued that CNN has such a lousy track record of reporting the truth about the war in Iraq and asking tough questions, that Americans should be skeptical of their reporting on health care.

"You're the ones who are fudging the facts," said Moore. "You've fudged the facts to the American people now for I don't know how long about this issue, about the war, and I'm just curious, when are you going to just stand there and apologize to the American people for not bringing the truth to them that isn't sponsored by some major corporation?"

Blizter grew defensive and backed up his fellow CNN employee, saying that he would stand behind correspondent Sanjay Gupta's record on medical issues. Moore, in response, vowed to post a rebuttal to his website, MichaelMoore.com, showing that Gupta's facts weren't accurate.

"I'm going to put the real facts up there on my website," said Moore, "so that people can see what he just said was absolutely wrong."

Turning to the war in Iraq, Moore accused Gupta, who spent time embedded with US troops in Iraq, and the mainstream media at large of refusing "to ask our leaders the hard questions, and demand the honest answers." Moore laid the blame for the continued US involvement in the war in Iraq at the feet of the media, arguing that they failed to do their jobs and question the Bush war policy.

Blitzer refused to argue with Moore about Iraq, and instead steered the conversation back to the topic of health care. Moore was asked which of the US presidential candidates he thought would best fix America's health care system.

Moore did not name a specific candidate, but said that the Democratic candidates as a whole need to be more specific about how they plan to achieve their goal of universal health care.

"Our own government admits that because of the 47 million who aren't insured, we now have about 18,000 people a year that die in this country, simply because they don't have health insurance. That's six 9/11s every single year," concluded Moore. We need "universal health care that's free for everyone who lives in this country, it'll cost us less than what we're spending now lining the pockets of these private health insurance companies, or these pharmaceutical companies."

After the interview, Blitzer found sympathy from fellow CNN hosts Lou Dobbs and Jack Cafferty.

"After watching that Michael Moore interview," said Cafferty, "I've decided whatever CNN's paying it ain't enough."

The following video is from CNN's The Situation Room, broadcast on July 9.

Video At Source

werther
07-09-2007, 09:38 PM
I watched this and laughed my ass off! The last time Moore says "sanja guupta" is pretty funny. I checked his sight to see if he had posted anything regarding this interview and Dr. Gupta, but I did not see anything. I did see however, a link for the FealGood Foundation....Stoked. I finally saw sicko last night. Thought it was a pretty damn good film.

somebigguy
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Is Michael Moore fed up with the media blackouts and finally ready to call them on it? Keep at it Michael, you just might gain some respect back...

PhilosophyGenius
07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
That was awsome. What's up with Sanja though?

PhilosophyGenius
07-10-2007, 01:23 AM
here's the video

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/Michael+Moore/video/x2i2k3_michael-moore-rips-wolf-blitzer

that was more of a rape than it is getting slammed

werther
07-10-2007, 08:38 AM
michael Moore posted his rebuttal to sanja gupta. CNN, Sanjay Gupta bold faced lied. . ...please don't take that as though I am suprised.
http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/news/article.php?id=10017

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I liked it. Fuck CNN. Can someone tell me in what ways Mike Moore lost his credibility? From the moment I came into his movement I have heard all of these bad things about him, thus I never really gave him a chance. I own F911, and I have never watched it cuz I heard so many bad things about it. So come on guys, wow me...

simuvac
07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
The backlash against Michael Moore, on both the left and the right, has little to do with his films. I'm not sure why the left has shit on Moore as much as it has, unless there are many jealous folks in the wake of his success.

Robert Brent Toplin, a history professor at UNC, wrote a book about F9/11 called Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11: How One Film Divided a Nation. In it, he explains:

"Angry detractors of Fahrenheit 9/11 say that he employed facts incorrectly, distorted information, deliberately lied about the president, and misrepresented recent U.S. history. My analysis suggests that those familiar indictments of Fahrenheit 9/11 are largely mistaken. In fact, the major disagreements between admirers and detractors of Fahrenheit 9/11 are primarily over the interpretation of facts, not whether the facts themselves are true. Moore's principal evidence is not inherently incorrect, but what one makes of it can excite animated disagreement." (6-7)

simuvac
07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I think there's also a segment of the population that just can't appreciate the type of documentary Moore makes. His films are more impressionistic than some people can handle, so they label them conspiracy theory.

For example, Bowling for Columbine didn't indict specific people or industries so much as it identified a mindset, a worldview that is driven by foreign policy dictates. Conservatives would want Moore to say, "Ban guns." But he didn't say that. Conservatives hate nuance, and that's all that Moore was depicting.

Same thing with F9/11. Moore created the impression that the Bush and Bin Laden families were in cahoots, because, in some sense, they certainly were. But conservatives could twist that impression and complain, "He thinks our President is a traitor who sponsored Osama!" Maybe he did; but in conservativeland, the impression Moore depicted was unconscionable.

Mostly, though, attacking Moore is just par for the course for the right wing echo chamber.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Moore created the impression that the Bush and Bin Laden families were in cahoots, because, in some sense, they certainly were. But conservatives could twist that impression and complain, "He thinks our President is a traitor who sponsored Osama!" Maybe he did; but in conservativeland, the impression Moore depicted was unconscionable. All the information I have read and watched would suggest that they are in cahoots as you say. Sothere'll be no argument on MY part about that...
Thanks for the reply. Very concise.

MrDark71
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
C'mon Auggie ....just cave in and watch it. I liked Bowling for Colunbine. I think he obviously skews things his way...but then how effective of a film would he make if he just "CNN'd" his reports.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Meh, I plan to tonight as a matter of fact. Now that I know what peoples problem is with the guy. What is "Bowling For Columbine?" I know it has something to do with those teen idiots that shot upa school out there. How did he make a documentary out of that?

PhilosophyGenius
07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
The backlash against Michael Moore, on both the left and the right, has little to do with his films. I'm not sure why the left has shit on Moore as much as it has, unless there are many jealous folks in the wake of his success.

I haven't seen to many people on the left attacking moore for Sicko, but if there are, it's problably people who are paid by the drug lobby. Most people love this movie.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Pffff... FUCK that movie. I think I never watched it cuz the info is just too elementary, and when I became a truther, I already had way more info than that movie (F911) had to offer me. THIS (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331&q=Zeitgeist&total=675&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4) is the fucking movie to watch... OMG, by the same guy as America, From Freedom To Fascism. WHat an awsome movie (well, both of them actually!)

werther
07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Zeitgeist....huh never heard of it. I'm watching it now.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 08:46 PM
You will not be sorry. Don't let the religious aspect fool you (although it IS very enlightening...) about 40 minutes in it gets into 911, and then goes on to a moving speech by JFK that resulted in his immediate murder. And then onto central banks and what the root of the problem in this country is...

werther
07-10-2007, 08:49 PM
man the beginning was awesome. I think I know which JFK speech you are talking about.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm 1:21 in. I may just rewatch it the second its over... Or watch AFFTF (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=america+from+freedom+to+fascism&total=716&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0). Another great one. Talk about your fuckin eye opener!

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm talking about the one where he talks about secret societies and operations that work outside of anyones jurisdiction...

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Not to beat a dead horse to death. But seriously, get everyone you possibly can to watch these two movies. I have watched LOTS of these types of films, and I have NEVER run across the likes of these! I could go on all DAY about how great these are... But I wont.

werther
07-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I have watched From Freedom to Fascism many times. It is really good. Are you saying that Zeitgeist is/was made by Aaron Russo?

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, I found it in a forum I got to by following a link at the end of AFTF. At least, that is what I think the thread was saying... But it's odd that he wasn't in it. I'll look into it.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 09:09 PM
FYI: Arron Russo is very sick with cancer. Isn't THAT the frosting on the dog turd.

werther
07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
yeah I remember hearing that some time ago. That sucks. AFFTF is completely opened my eyes to the federal reserve system. Oh shit, I hear David Ray Griffin speaking right now in Zeitgeist.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, DRG has a key part in the 911 segment. Awsome how they tie it all together. All three sections come together at the end. Makes we want to lose hope. But it is heartening to know this video is out there. No wonder they want to shut the internet down...

werther
07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
beautiful. that movie is fantastic. Thanks for showing that, and I am sorry I hijacked this thread.

AuGmENTor
07-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Glad you did. I hope it attracts others. No worries about the thread. It all ties into one big ball of truth!

MrDark71
07-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Auggie ....bowling is about gun control ....keep in mind Moore won a teen marksmanship award from the NRA.

Zietgeist is a great one. I even like the mythological religious part ....opens some eyes.

MrDark71
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I really like the part were they decimate the "official theory" word by word.

AuGmENTor
07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh, so he's FOR gun control? Idiot. I guess no one is right all the time. I had never seen Zietgeist before. You are certainly right about the eye opener on religion. Kinda took the wind out of my sails. I still believe in God, but the rest seems to be some sort of a flim flam...

Gold9472
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Here's O'Reilly on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w84onyq-FJU

AuGmENTor
07-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I just hate Blubbering Bill sooooo much... Don't know that I like Michael Moore better. But bill just always pisses me off...

werther
09-20-2007, 08:38 AM
I just watched Zeitgeist again. I have to say that this is a terrific movie. The parts discussing the push for the Amero are ringing more and more true with each passing day. Yesterday the Fed further devalued the doller by lowering the interest rates and now Saudi Arabia (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml;jsessionid=BYRFMD0QYRQTVQFIQMFSFF4AVCBQ 0IV0?xml=/money/2007/09/19/bcnsaudi119.xml)
is seeking to stop pegging its currency to the dollar.

My main business deals with German import, and I don't know how much longer we can go on. When we first started it was 4 deutsch marks to the dollar. (not even ten years ago). Those were the days. The dollar has again today reached a new low to the Euro. Once the recession/depression hits, the masses will cheer the Amero in. I will not.

AuGmENTor
10-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Bump to that last post Werther. This movie is the shit. Best link I have to it so far:
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

AuGmENTor
10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
If you could believe it, and even BETTER one... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4675077383139148549

werther
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I actually found it on on pirate_bay in dvd format and burned it to DVD. Can't complain about the quality.

AuGmENTor
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah I do that often myself. I was speaking from a broadband watch it on your computer angle....